devlin components website?

Yup - works with IE, doesn't with Firefox.

Pearce Consulting

Don Pearce

Mozilla 1.7 (Firefox's older brother) can't see it either. The problem seems to be that they don't close the iframe tag on the first iframe:

If you add the closing tag, the rest of the page shows up:

As a workaround, view page source and load the content iframe directly. They seem to name the content pages the same as the index page less the initial "index_", so you can also try things like

.

If you're feeling really industrious, download all the index pages, edit them so they work correctly, send them in with your order, and demand a discount.

Matt Roberds

Reply to
mroberds

I read in sci.electronics.design that martin griffith wrote (in ) about 'devlin components website?', on Sun, 10 Apr 2005:

There is a work-around. When you get the heading, scroll down with the scroll-bar on the right and a selection bar appears. Click on 'Products' and select from the drop-down menu.

But tell Devlin that not everyone uses Internet Exploder.

 Click to see the full signature
Reply to
John Woodgate

Is it just Firefox or me. I dont seem to be able to navigate this site or find any datasheets, and I dont have IE installed

thanks

martin

"Wales is a big welsh-shaped rain collection device"

Reply to
martin griffith

I'll fire(fox) an email at them....but just found the ITTcannon site for switches, some nice goodies there.

martin

"Wales is a big welsh-shaped rain collection device"

Reply to
martin griffith

Yup.

Matt Roberds has already verified that Mozilla 1.7 won't parse the broken code.

I'll add that Opera (6.0) won't either.

I just amazes me that folks pay web developers before they validate the code these incompetents produce:

It's not like it's difficult:

JeffM

You might even suggest two things to them: Read and heed: <

I, for one, will not do business with any company that pushes a M$ only world and/or spams.

Ted

Reply to
Ted Edwards

Why bother? A company that is that sloppy with their web page may well be as sloppy with their specs and their hardware.

or find another supplier.

Ted

Reply to
Ted Edwards

Looking at the document source, the relevant section has an (inline frame element, which refers to another document) This appears to be a proper w3c.org tag, and not just an M$ "extension" IE is well known to tolerate nonstandard HTML code (generally produced from M$ software), whereas other browsers are much stricter. Your browser may be set not to display iframes, or may be an older version. If it is Firefox, I presume it is fairly recent - there may be an option to display iframes.

Richard

Reply to
Richard Hosking

Yes, same here with FF 1.0.1.

Have also posted an enquiry in the FF Forum at

Terry Pinnell
Hobbyist, West Sussex, UK
Reply to
Terry Pinnell

Ted, You should update your bookmark. Your link to Tim Seifert's Message to Clueless Website Authors page is redirected to

It constantly amazes me that folks here recommend X-10 solutions. In my book, they are a Web pariah.

Reply to
JeffM

Excellent site

thanks

martin

"Wales is a big welsh-shaped rain collection device"

Reply to
martin griffith

Done. Thanks.

Ted