Design impossibility : one NAND from a thousand XOR gates

He saved you from wasting years of your life, like William Shanks did.

lunatic fringe electronics
 Click to see the full signature

1

lunatic fringe electronics
 Click to see the full signature

Except you are creating a gate from the wire connection.

The original problem was not a transistor level design issue, it was a statement of logic. Something you don't fully understand perhaps?

Rick C.

  • Get 6 months of free supercharging + Tesla referral code -
gnuarm.deletethisbit

mandag den 28. januar 2019 kl. 01.42.43 UTC+1 skrev John Larkin:

I assume the OP meant theoretical, writing a boolean expression with only XORs

Reply to
Lasse Langwadt Christensen

"Tom Del Rosso" wrote in message news:q2laj6$kp3$ snipped-for-privacy@dont-email.me...

Current steering/shunting with small voltage swings, which keeps the speed reasonable on the backend. (In the application I'm talking about, it's only used to amplify the signal, ultimately to make a gate driver; but additional logic could be added very easily.)

Tim

--
Seven Transistor Labs, LLC
 Click to see the full signature
Reply to
Tim Williams

He didn't say that, so I didn't assume it. He did say "gates", not equations.

Give it a try.

lunatic fringe electronics
 Click to see the full signature

Well, yeah, that's how you make an XOR out of diode ANDs and transformer inversion.... AKA a diode mixer.

Reply to
whit3rd

Amusing; I saw a math combination problem, you saw a electrical costruction problem. I'm satisfied with the 'prove-or-disprove' mathematical resolution. For electrical construction, I'd get a NAND from the collection before trying to employ XORs.

Reply to
whit3rd

Read about the Boolean base : the set of Boolean functions which can produce all other Boolean functions.

NAND by itself is a base. NOR by itself is a base. AND and NOT are together a base. OR and NOT are together a base. AND and XOR and 1 (i.e. CONSTANT 1, or constant function TRUE ) are a base.

XOR by itself is not a Boolean base.

Reply to
Judges1318

JL effectively implied that XOR and 1 (i.e. CONSTANT 1, or constant function TRUE ) are a base.

Reply to
Robert Baer