Defective chips in cameras and related electronics

Sounds 100% like bored lawyers looking to make some money. I can't imagine they'll ever have a case -- they state that manufacturers will replace products but "only if they fail" (i.e., only if there's been some actual damage) as well as "If you purchased one of the electronic devices listed below, based on written (online or print) advertising or representations that the device would work anytime and anywhere, you may have a claim." @#$#$% Who advertises ANYTHING to work "anytime and anywhere?" Does the average consumer really think their camcorder will work in, say, Antartica after they've left it out on the ice for a day?

Are you sure that entire website isn't just a big hoax?

Reply to
Joel Kolstad

This guy lives for this kind of spam:

. . John Fields' response in alt.electronics was a bit more concise than yours. It only took him 2 words:

:Ambulance chasing???

Reply to
JeffM

Apparently there is an issue with a defective chip in cameras, camcorders and handheld computers. The chip is used in a variety of brands and products and seems to have problems with humid or hot environments causing it to fail. If you check out

there is some more information on this and the makes and models involved as well as what can be done about it. There is a free case evaluation provided for those who may have had . I found this of interest and hope that it might be of some help.

kr0

Reply to
kr0

Not questioning the validity of the story.

Had you followed the link I provided, you would have seen the groups to which this bozo has posted this.

He doesn't appear to be an electronics buff nor a camera buff. He has multi-posted this particular item to 14 groups. His ISP (generously) allows 9 groups before they call it spamming.

The only continuity in his posting history appears to be multi-posting about litigation.

Reply to
JeffM

Actually, a little homework and you'd find this MAJOR announcement by Sony:

Sony made a bunch of CCD chips out of plastic rather than ceramic. Internal lens separates allowing moisture into chip, ruining picture (and camera). Number of articles on it. Sony is repairing not only their own cameras, but other brands using the Sony chip.

Reply to
Rather Play Pinball

Sony:

So stuff is broken, and stuff gets RMA'd and fixed - whooooo, such sights to see

But where does the OP's lawyer scum fit in?? Do we also need to sue Sony for damages to our sensitive nervous system because of the stress associated with out home pr0n movies maybe not coming out right?

Reply to
Frithiof Andreas Jensen

We must have proper "white balance" when it comes to p0rn. Pink has to be pink ! He he he he. This is my second time trying to post this. It may show up twice. Just wanted to give y'all a little laugh....

Reply to
carneyke