Decent Usenet search engine

Okay, Google has finally assimilated "

" so it's now yet another link to their POS "New Google Groups".

Are there any decent Usenet search engines left that isn't a Facebook wannabe?

Reply to
oparr

Frank Miles

Here's one I have been using, but "WARNING" for some reason it brings up my virus alert today. It worked great for the last 3 years, Now?

Caution

Caution

Here's info about it.

Here's a list of search engines, might find one helpful.

Maybe someone more knowledgeable than I can find out what is going on with langenberg.com.

Mikek

Reply to
amdx

I second that.

It hangs a lot but is otherwise much better.

--
Regards, Joerg

http://www.analogconsultants.com/
Reply to
Joerg

I've always use search.com.

Reply to
krw

Duckduckgo seems promising. Thanks.

Reply to
oparr

On Fri, 1 Nov 2013 07:49:12 -0700 (PDT), snipped-for-privacy@hotmail.com wrote as underneath :

Dogpile is a very good meta search engine - sucks the meat from all the. others! Super fast and few ads. etc. C+

Reply to
Charlie+