Datron meter options

Where can I find out about the options fitted to Datron 1061? Search engines are getting me nowhere.

NT

Reply to
tabbypurr

I have a Datron 1061A (currently broken) complete with service manual. What do you want to know?

John

Reply to
jrwalliker

Well.... I was just about to post some pics, as I've since found neither is currently working. :( A copy of the manual would be awesome, I never did find one. I can check this email addy. Do you know what's wrong with yours?

Thank you

NT

Reply to
tabbypurr

Let me find the manual first and remind myself how big it is.

Mine suffered a horrible accident many years ago and has never been quite the same since, even after being sent back to Datron for refurbishment. It was on the bench and in a cupboard above it was a 2 pint plastic bottle of low viscosity epoxy resin monomer. The bottle perished and developed a split in the side. You can guess the rest...

There is probably another contaminated connector somewhere and the display is not lighting up. Probably not too hard to fix when I decide that I really need to use it again.

John

Reply to
jrwalliker

I realised that after I asked :)

that's good news at least. I do like the Datrons but they've not turned out to be one of the more reliable bits of kit.

NT

Reply to
tabbypurr

The biggest concern is that the calibration data gets lost when the lithium battery finally runs down.

The cost of recalibration would probably exceed its value. On the other hand, the zener reference is probably very well aged by now.

John

Reply to
jrwalliker

For what I do with them short term repeatability is the most important thin g, I'm looking for differences. I know they're self calibrating, but not wh at form the reference takes. I opened one the other day, its battery is sti ll good. I need service info to make any progress.

NT

Reply to
tabbypurr

I think they use several parallel zener diodes in their highest accuracy meters. I'm not sure about this one.

I will look for the manual today and let you know when I have found it.

John

Reply to
jrwalliker

thank you, apppreciated