Datamatrix barcode implementation

Thanks a lot for all the help. I think the datamatrix barcode would be ideal for my requirement. I need to encode the azimuth circle on my telescope. So I dont have to worry about scalability, it is never going to be more than 3600( for 0.1 deg accuracy). What size datamatrix code would I require, preferably rectangular. Secondly, since my application requires my telescope to be portable, I cant carry a computer around. Is there any circuit which would just read the output of the barcode reader and display it on a digital readout. Thirdly, since each of the barcodes would be just around 0.2mm apart, will the reader be able to read them(distance between reader and barcode is not an issue). Or do I have to cover the adjacent barcodes and leave a slit of just 0.2mm for the readers view. Comments, advice and suggestions please. Thanks a lot. Maddy

Reply to
Maddy

why not Grey Code?

--