damaged goods

The packages were the same. What made the difference is the width of the external data bus.

--

-TV
Reply to

Which primarily impacted price through the attached devices rather than the CPU itself.

--
Rick C

 Click to see the full signature
Reply to
rickman

Exactly. We made one of the very first applications with an 80188. I still have kept the prototype processor, one of the very first arriving to this side of the Pond, marked ESC for Engineering Sample series C.

--

-TV
Reply to

No, the die was the same. The bond-out determined which it became. At least they started out that way. There may have been optimizations later.

Reply to
krw

Boris
Reply to