Daily On/Off circuit?

Yea, well it is my design sketch... Only one I have.... If it ever breaks down I have to decipher it myself.

But pin assignments are in the asm sources too.

Thank you.

Reply to
<698839253X6D445TD

Thanks for all the subsequent suggestions.

PICs/microcontrollers/FPGA solutions are non-starters, as I'm not into programming.

--------------------

Phil: I was thinking along broadly similar lines, as I said in my post. But avoiding that over-complex logic by accepting less precision and simply adjusting the clock frequency to get close to 24 hours.

And also using a longer counter, such as the 4536 I mentioned. (I've ordered a couple from ebay.)

Or alternatively I've now found the CSS555C micro-power version of the

555. From the datasheet that appears capable of the task unaided by ripple counters.

However, so far the only source I've found is in USA, at $2.49 each, but with absurd postage charge to UK.

--------------------

Jasen: Will follow-up on LM8560 thanks, sounds good. That might give me the flexibility I described, perhaps eliminating the LDR altogether.

The Garden Lamps circuit gets its power from nearby 13.3V DC output of a variable power supply I made about 30 years ago. No batteries required!

Terry, East Grinstead, UK

Reply to
Terry Pinnell

Grin, right... I did pretty much the same but 3-4 years later in life.

And then going back to college totally worked..

So I guess I should just pencil in some year off.. to 'get thee shit together'.. Unlike my daughter, who in her 2nd year of college looks to be fully launched. (of course crash and burn is always a possibility.)

George H.

Reply to
George Herold