Current best CAD Simulation software

Hi guys,

What's the current front-runner in terms of CAD software whether it be
free or paid-for? Ideally I'd like something suitable for RF modeling
in addition to the more mundane stuff.

Thanks.

Re: Current best CAD Simulation software

For all electronics except the upper end of RF LTSpice is the best.
It doesn't know things like stripline design.

Re: Current best CAD Simulation software

If you are doing RF, then Microwave Office from AWR would be the place
to go...

Charlie

Re: Current best CAD Simulation software

Thanks, all.

Does anyone know the price of this software? I can find nothing about
the cost on the AWR website; just a link to download an evaluation
version which one assumes is crippled in some way or another.

Re: Current best CAD Simulation software

On Mon, 7 Dec 2009 04:28:39 -0800 (PST), phaedrus

Like many commercial softwares, the price depends on who your are, and
how much you can pay.  Expect prices in the $10K area.  The evaluation
is (IIRC) a thirty day demo, which is not crippled exect in time.  I
hvae had several of these evaluations in the past, but then, I know
one of their top AE's! (and so does Jim...)

Charlie

Re: Current best CAD Simulation software

Yep!  You, Brian and Mohi... I can always count on one of you to have
an answer, or at least a starting point!  Thanks for all you help!

                                        ...Jim Thompson
--
| James E.Thompson, CTO                            |    mens     |
| Analog Innovations, Inc.                         |     et      |

Try this
http://www.alphaworks.ibm.com/tech/eip

Re: Current best CAD Simulation software

Interesting, can it model inductors and coils?

Cheers

Re: Current best CAD Simulation software

http://google.com/search?q=site:alphaworks.ibm.com/tech/eip
http://www.alphaworks.ibm.com/tech/eip/faq#01

Re: Current best CAD Simulation software

Thanks for posting that.

--
Thanks,
Fred.