CrowdFinch Technologies

CrowdFinch Technologies is a leading professional custom web design and web development company specialized in Outsourced Web Development Services, Mobile Application Development, Web design, SEO Services.

Reply to
CrowdFinch

Why does everybody claim to be "leading"? It doesn't make sense that everybody could be leading. And why "specialize" in so many things?

CrowdFinch ==> DeadDuck

--
John Larkin, President       Highland Technology Inc
 Click to see the full signature

hnology.com=A0 jlarkin at highlandtechnology dot com

brilliant

Reply to
brent

STUPID name for a company!

CrowdFinch?

What does web development have to do with small birds? And if one "specializes", isn't that supposed to set them apart from the crowd? It's an oxymoron at best, with special emphasis on the moron part of that.

The word "specialized" should really be "specializing" as it modifies "Outsourced Web Development". Plus, none of these specialized capabilities should be capitalized, and curiously, "design" is not capitalized. I guess the OP can't even manage to consistently break the rules. Pathetic.

Furthermore, wouldn't a "leading" anything have something other than a gmail address?

I'm thinking 16 year old with nothing better to do, and probably has a finch for a pet.

Reply to
mpm

That's anticipation of past tense.

Oh. Good point.

There is going to be another big shakeout in the webby software biz. In this morning's paper, all the business news is about goofy web and gaming and social networking junk and Yelp/Facebook IPOs. There are something like 500,000 iPad apps. There are companies developing apps to find apps. There are seed-money startups hiring programmers in wholesale truckloads. It's going to be the dot.com bust all over again.

And almost nobody is saying so.

--
John Larkin, President       Highland Technology Inc
 Click to see the full signature

Web developers often leave a nasty mess on your computer screen. Birds leave a nasty mess on your deck rails. So there :-)

I took the gmail filter out but even my news server hosed off the OP. Their filters are pretty efficient, so ...

Well, you and I are. I'll have to swing by again, forgot to use the wooden coin at Zeitgeist, plus now I am craving Anchor Steam OBA which I can't get here :-)

--
Regards, Joerg

http://www.analogconsultants.com/
Reply to
Joerg

Clearly they want to get in on the riches before they go away; mentioning that the emperor has no clothes just makes it that much harder for them to profit!

Don't you lose sleep at night over how many sales you must have lost due to not having an iPhone/Android app for your P400? :-)

Seriously, there are more test equipment apps then you might think these days. E.g., Agilent has one that just duplicates the display/controls of their *multimeters* via Bluetooth. I suppose that's handy if you need to keep watch on your 'meter from back at your desk, 20' away? Seems awfully nichey, though!

---Joel

Reply to
Joel Koltner

Of course the German word for "finch" is "fink". ;)

Cheers

Phil Hobbs

--
Dr Philip C D Hobbs
Principal Consultant
 Click to see the full signature
Reply to
Phil Hobbs

I could imagine using an iPad to control all the instruments in the vicinity. Then they wouldn't need local displays at all... just a bunch of small boxes. I could sit at my desk and eat chocolate truffles and run my signal generators and scopes and stuff.

--
John Larkin, President
Highland Technology, Inc
 Click to see the full signature

I do that with a Prologix GPIB-Ethernet dongle and a wifi bridge. With a 16-core Linux box rather than an iPad, of course. And usually no truffles, chocolate or otherwise--just the occasional pizza when working late.

(I just have some spiritual affinity with boat anchors, is all.)

Cheers

Phil Hobbs

--
Dr Philip C D Hobbs
Principal Consultant
 Click to see the full signature
Reply to
Phil Hobbs

I like the garages that say "We specialize in foreign and domestic."

zero, and remove the last word.
 Click to see the full signature
Reply to
Tom Del Rosso

I don't blame them- waiting for parts for extraterrestrial cars ties up the service bays for ages.

Reply to
Spehro Pefhany

Agreed, an iPad has a big enough screen to make that viable.

I think I'd miss some of the physical scope controls, though -- I can turn a volts/div knob a half-dozen clicks faster than I can repeatedly touch an "up" arrow a half-dozen times.

Reply to
Joel Koltner

One system at a client is now capable of that, being controlled via a smart phone. Because that enables customers to turn things on and off while still an hour away on the interstate. So yeah, I am partially guilty of one app. But I have not written it.

Imagine: You could sit at Zeitgeist, enjoy a cold one, and control your measurements from there. Remote soldering could prove to be quite the challenge though.

--
Regards, Joerg

http://www.analogconsultants.com/
Reply to
Joerg

Or the ones where they wear "Imported from Detroit" T-shirts?

--
Regards, Joerg

http://www.analogconsultants.com/
Reply to
Joerg

Some industries traditionally use company names that are adjectives instead of nouns. Like "Jones Electrical and Mechanical"

--
John Larkin, President
Highland Technology, Inc
 Click to see the full signature

So professional that you have to use a Gmail address. What's wrong, Bunkie? Can't you afford a domain of your own ?

Michael A. Terrell

ong,

On a whim, I checked username =3D "crowdfinch" availability at http://namec= hk.com/

Note that CrowdFinch seems to be an available user name at Blogger, FaceBook, eBay. And free or not, I'm still amazed that anyone would even bother to use the name CrowdFinch.

Then again, there's another company called "SpiderCloud", which I think trumps "CloudFinch" for the stupidity award. Take any two nouns, the weirder the better, and slam them together without any thought and BAM!, there's your new company name.

Reply to
mpm

SpiderCloud sounds more like a band name.

Cheers

Phil Hobbs

--
Dr Philip C D Hobbs