cool video, laser retina treatment

lunatic fringe electronics
 Click to see the full signature

The video is interesting, but they don't do a very good job of explaining h ow it helps macular degeneration. When I read about the disease I don't fi nd anything that indicates regrowing the RPE cells should help the conditio n. Perhaps it can help if the disease is caught early before symptoms show .

I'm surprised you aren't blasting them for selling snake oil like you do fo r every other announcement. You do realize there is very little chance thi s will ever turn into an effective treatment, right?

Rick C.

Reply to
gnuarm.deletethisbit

As I understand it, wet mac degeneration can't be reversed, only slowed/halted....unless anyone knows different ?

TTman

ng how it helps macular degeneration. When I read about the disease I don' t find anything that indicates regrowing the RPE cells should help the cond ition. Perhaps it can help if the disease is caught early before symptoms show.

o for every other announcement. You do realize there is very little chance this will ever turn into an effective treatment, right?

A friend has wet macular degeneration. Not all the problem is the disease itself. It results in bleeding which creates problems as well. In his cas e they sucked out the vitreous humor to remove the blood clot and he receiv es shots which they seemed to think had a chance of reversing some of the s ymptoms, but that doesn't mean the disease itself. Wet seems to involve bl ood vessel growth which is leaky causing problems. I guess they can revers e some of the impact and slow or halt progression of the disease. But the damage to the retina is permanent.

Rick C.

Reply to
gnuarm.deletethisbit