Cool old film by Philco-Ford

Taking you into the far future of 1999, A.D.

Seems like Philo-Ford imagined it would still be selling household appliances in 1999. Currently in the "where are they now" file

Reply to
bitrex

Seems they hit all the functionality high points of current online shoppi ng, though the implementation was kinda rough. Multiple "consoles" with mul tiple hardware-switched screens instead of a single software-switched monit or was consistent with the thinking of the time.

I especially liked the inches-thick flatscreens coupled with knobs and bu ttons on the "consoles". The electronic-pen check-signing thingy was cute, too. No cord!

There's no way they could have foreseen smartphone shopping and billing a pps of course.

Like so many others, they were "bought by" several times in succession. A IUI you can still buy Philco-branded products in some countries but who kno ws who actually makes the products.

Mark L. Fergerson

Reply to
Alien8752

Actually the commercial is quite forward-looking. Flat screens. The Taste f or beautiful women seems to be timeless. Men paying for their wives bills s till appropriate. Actually the whole layout of the computer was pretty clos e to reality except it was knob base and not digital based. Kind of alluded to the whole idea of the internet really.

Reply to
bulegoge

"Say honey, isn't great how white things are around here? Put the ethnic guy on the Compu-screen to do that song and dance routine! They amuse me!"

Reply to
bitrex

te for beautiful women seems to be timeless. Men paying for their wives bil ls still appropriate. Actually the whole layout of the computer was pretty close to reality except it was knob base and not digital based. Kind of all uded to the whole idea of the internet really.

"

You drive on the roads and use the bridges and electric grid that all those evil people in the past provided to you. You provided absolutely nothing to them.

Reply to
djlocher56

Don't be ridiculous, posterity boy. We provided motivation and aspiration for them without even existing yet, and they won't ever know how their efforts turned out.

Or are you one of those "I got mine, let them get theirs!" types?

Mark L. Fergerson

Reply to
Alien8752