Cool new 8-bitter

The ATMega 4809. Hardware multiplier, 16 channel 10 bit ADC, 5 16 bit timers, 2 interrupt priority levels, atomic set/clear GPIOs, hardware SPI/i2c, 6k SRAM and 48k Flash, and set of on-chip PLC gates.

It will probably come in at about $1 in quantities of hundreds

Reply to
bitrex

I'm too old to take advantage. Looks good.

TTman

Five long timers, alright, finally!

$1 would be a good deal. However, I wouldn't trust the POR and the

100V/msec requirement for the power-on slope is something I don't like. They could have done better on Vref accuracy. I think Atmel should hire some analog guys :-)
--
Regards, Joerg

http://www.analogconsultants.com/
Reply to
Joerg

They used to, many years ago. I used to go to COS on a monthly basis to do a variety of analog stuff... mostly unrelated to uP's... WiFi, etc. ...Jim Thompson

     Thinking outside the box... producing elegant solutions,
              by understanding what nature is hiding.

"It is not in doing what you like, but in liking what you do that
is the secret of happiness."  -James Barrie

Probably??? Where do you get your crystal ball polished? How many I/Os? I've been told the price of such chips come down to number of I/Os and the tester time. Much of the end cost is amortization of the tester.

Rick C.

Reply to
gnuarm.deletethisbit

$1.25 in quantities of 100+, according to the Microchip site. They go down to $1.15 in quantities of 1000+.

Reply to
John S

~50 cents in quantity is bare-bones ATTiny territory, and for $2 you can do better going some fashion of 32 bit ARM0.

Doesn't exactly take a clairvoyant to divine the approximate price point they're shooting for

Reply to
bitrex

Thanks, I missed that. I thought they only gave reel prices, brain cramp. Still, "probably" is not a way to quote pricing.

I'm not sure what the CCL is for really. It is just so small the utility is *very* limited. Much better would have been something with maybe ten times the capacity. I expect they have their intended use cases.

Rick C.

Reply to
gnuarm.deletethisbit