Converting DC to Mormonism

How much current do you want, and how many wives?

John

Are there convenient and inexpensive ICs or modules that will convert 3 VDC or 6 VDC from a battery pack to +/- 15 VDC and a ground? Can you recommend a part?

--
"Then they placed the ark of the Lord on the cart; along with the box
containing the golden mice and the images of the hemorrhoids."

Dont bother with the Mormons, start your own

martin

"An eye for an eye makes the whole world blind" Gandhi

Reply to
martin griffith

I want to drive maybe a half dozen op-amps and one wife, so I suppose around one or two hundred mA. I don't actually have a good feel for the current requirements, but some basic amplifying and filtering stages.

--
"You're not as dumb as you look.  Or sound.  Or our best testing
indicates."  -- Monty Burns to Homer Simpson

I read in sci.electronics.design that Gregory L. Hansen wrote (in ) about 'Converting DC to Mormonism', on Wed, 9 Mar 2005:

The current requirements for a wife are around USD 50 000 per annum, I believe. (;-)

John Woodgate

All commentary aside as to whether or not Maxim actually exists, I've used their MAX742 to turn 5V into +/-12 fairly successfully before. They say it can also be used to give +/-15, but I can't swear to it.

Reply to
Rob Gaddi

Strike that, I used the MAX743. Internal FETs instead of external.

Reply to
Rob Gaddi

The little dc-dc bricks (Mouser, Digikey) are hard to beat unless your volume is huge.

Wives are never to be beaten, regardless of your volume.

John

In case anyone was wondering, I really did want to convert 3 or 6 VDC to

+/- 15 VDC.
--
"Things should be made as simple as possible -- but no simpler."
  -- Albert Einstein

MAX743, found on a Google sponsored link,

Vin = 4.2 to 6 V, Vout = +/- 15V or 12 V. That looks like just thing for me. Price @1k $4.49. I don't need that many, but I have a part number now. Thanks.

--
"I'm giving you the chance to look fate in those pretty eyes of hers
and say, 'Step off, bitch. This is my party and you're not invited.'"

I read in sci.electronics.design that John Larkin wrote (in ) about 'Converting DC to Mormonism', on Thu, 10 Mar 2005:

Not even at Scrabble.

-- Regards, John Woodgate, OOO - Own Opinions Only. The good news is that nothing is compulsory. The bad news is that everything is prohibited.

Also see

John Woodgate

As if that were possible.

John