controling inkjet cartige

Hello, Might someone happen to know a way to control the inkjet cartige with pulse signals instead of the computer? I want to be able to "shoot" ink droplets from all the nozzles at the same time. I need to know how to operate each of the pizo crystals, and then to operate them all. I guess I can measure the electrical signal coming from the contacts that match up with the ones on the cartridge, but always much easier, if someone already has that information... Thanks, Hanan.

Reply to
hananl

suggest you examine patents granted to HP, Epson, etc. Paul Mathews

Reply to
Paul Mathews

HP and Canon use the same system, where they boil in the ink in the print-head to eject a droplet. IIRR the patents were issued to HP.

The printing head including the short-lived heating resistors are part of the ireplaceablr nk cartridge

Epson do use piezo-electric crystals to generate the ink-droplets, but the patents belong to a Cambridge (U.K.) firm - one of the many that didn't give me a job. Intellectually it was probably one more spin-off of Cambridge Consultants, who did a lot of work on ink-jet printing in the 1970's. Domino is a better known example.

--------------- Bill Sloman, Nijmegen

Reply to
bill.sloman

:-)

I went for a job once where the 'we regret' letter got home before me.

--
Tony Williams.
Reply to