Contrast ratio in LCD-TFT display

Can i consider contrast ratio in LCD-TFT display, in approximated analysis, independent from forward current of led-backlight? I think yes, because it is the fraction of light that liquid crystal can block...or not? Thanks

Reply to
lionelgreenstreet

I would think so too.

More importantly, it is only valid for viewing in total darkness - since the contrast ratio for TFTs is likely dominated by ambient light reflection.

--

John Devereux
Reply to

Another question: if i want to compare white luminance of two display datasheet, due to different forward current used, how can i do it?I should know responsivity to calculate it (i think), but how can i obtain it? thanks

Reply to
lionelgreenstreet