Connecting BMP180 pressure sensors with super glue

Just a bit of luck, them sensors fit exactly in the standard fuel line tubing, with a bit of pushing, drop of super glue and wait half a minute, and it is fixed.

Connecting BMP180 pressure sensors with super glue:

Not only that, already with just about 6 inches of this tubing (BTW 6 inches is about 6 * 2.54 = 12.5 cm) I get a HUGE signal even if softly blowing at the opening of the tube.

It will be OK for low wind speeds, wrote the differential code..

Now to think of a nice weather proof opening / module to fit the 4 sensors + PIC in. And an opto for the data link.

Much better than I expected, and stable too.

Thanks to those who suggested the BMP180. BTW you have to be vary careful not to glue up that tiny hole in the BMP180, I did and wiped it of really fast, still OK. Use glue only around the chip.

Reply to
Jan Panteltje

Excellent! Glad you're getting good results.

I was very impressed with the BMP180 when I used them in the carb balancer. I found some **very** small unit to unit offset and gain differences. I simply used one as a reference, took measurements at atmospheric pressure and at about 300 mbar vacuum, and calculated offset and gain for the other. You probably won't need to worry about gain if you're operating near atmospheric pressure.

Are you using a venturi for the wind speed measurement?

Reply to
Pomegranate Bastard

On a sunny day (Mon, 22 Jun 2015 13:42:46 +0100) it happened Pomegranate Bastard wrote in :

I just use an open end tube now. But I had a strange idea while playing with this glued on tube: I noticed that when I close the end of the tube, it is very sensitive to pressure, so if you push on the closed tube, then the pressure increases. I would like a non-open wind speed meter, say water proof, and of course insect proof. So I remembered the old soldering ball I once had (solder sucker rubber ball).

What if I put one on the end of each tube, and close the one way hole at the end of that ball (mine did not even have that). Like this:

That makes a closed system, very pressure sensitive with a large surface area, and weather proof (to some point).

o o O 0 sensors top view o

Ordered 4...

BTW looks like I killed one BMP180, the super glue got inside, it is slowly showing less and less pressure, nothing I do helps... Good thing I have a spare one. Added auto zero in the program to at start up remove any differences in pressure.

Reply to
Jan Panteltje

Super glue would not have been my first choice. Maybe silicon RTV, then epoxy... ?

George H.

Reply to
George Herold