Connecting atmel chip to MRF49XA

OK. does someone knows how to hook up atmega32 to microchip RF49XA ?

Best regards !

Reply to
en2

Hook it up to the SPI bus on the chip

Reply to
TTman

Use wires.

Reply to
John S

Am using UART to hook my board to PC and SPI would be OK for RF connection.

Can you give more details on which pins should i use on RF and do i need something else ?

btw. Thank you for your reply !

Reply to
en2

It would seem that SPI is new to you.

Please check the manual:

Figure 1-2

The figure says "PIC MCU", however ant micro with an SPI interface will be the same.

Now getting the software to work is altogether a different matter.

Good Luck

hamilton

Reply to
hamilton

-------------- Thx for reply. No SPI is not new for me but i have newer used it on atmel. I found some schematics sample for PIc but none for atmel so i was guessing that there is something that i need to add or remove to get functional SPI conn.

Reply to
en2

------------------------------ Well, i would need some help on this. I look at datasheet but there is no info which lines to use on the RF side. The chip will work on 8mhz int osc and rf baud rate will be 9600. Can you help me to define which lines can i use on MRF49 ?

Reply to
en2

I guess I do not understand what you are asking.

Figure 1-2 show the direction of the pins as used in standard SPI interface.

When you say, "RF side" isn't that the MRF49XA in the figure ?

Please restate your answer in the form of a question. :-)

hamilton

Reply to
hamilton

-------------- Upps , sorry , i was looking wrong example. OK. now there is just one thing left. I was planning to connect RT/X lines from atmega to max3232 and from this to PC. Should this be any problem, or better do i have to watch out for something ?

Reply to
en2

-------------------- btw.it is stated that external 10mhz osc should be set to define 433/868 mhz. OK. How to set to 433 or 868 mhz frequency ?

Reply to
en2

Which Atmega are you using ?

Some of the smaller devices share the pins of SPI and Asyc serial. The larger devices have separate pins for each.

So, it depends.

I am not familiar with the MRF49, I am sure you can read the manual as well as I can.

Under Documentation and Software are some App Notes you should look at.

Good Luck.

hamilton

Reply to
hamilton

FYI, Google found this:

As you can see by the date, this has been done many times since then.

Good Luck

hamilton

Reply to
hamilton

------------------- I saw this tutorial but as you can see he is putting lines to external connector. After that you got this:

The only pins necessary for complete functioning of the device are the standard SPI set (MOSI, MISO, SCK, !CS), and IRO (interrupt request out). The IRO pin is not strictly necessary, but HIGHLY recommended. The MRF module uses the IRO pin to notify the microcontroller of a few time-sensitive events, such as FIFO full/empty conditions.

------------- So, what is what ? Am sorry am so dosed ....

Reply to
en2