Connect to a mobile phone

Hi!

I need to connect a MCU to a mobile phone. The MCU is going to collect data and when connected to a mobile phone, the phone shall then send this data to a webb-server.

However, my concern is the connection between the Mobile phone and the MCU. USB or bluetooth would be prefered. Do i need a USB-host in the MCU if I choose USB? And if bluettoh, can i use a simple serial-port connection?

Does anyone have any experience?

Best regards, C

Reply to
CeeRox

Would something like this be useful?

There are various modules out there - this is just one of them.

John

Reply to
jrwalliker

Google "GSM modem" Typically a module or box with a phone inside, but a documented serial interface

Reply to
Mike Harrison