Congressman Hank Johnson and Guam

Congressman Hank Johnson is wondering, if a nuclear missile is launched from North Korea to Guam, Can we just flip Guam over and let the bomb explode, then flip it back, then bomb will then be underground. /s

Mikek Sorry, I couldn't resist.

Reply to
amdx

Why would Kim nuke Guam? He must know it would be suicide.

jlarkin att highlandtechnology dott com
http://www.highlandtechnology.com

Kim is emulating the country in the movie "The Mouse That Roared" ;-) ...Jim Thompson

             I'm looking for work... see my website.

Thinking outside the box...producing elegant & economic solutions.

He's threatening Mutually Assured Destruction. "Attempt to destroy me, and I will destroy you." Been in the nuclear-club playbook since the Soviets built their first successful A-bomb.

I had not heard that North Korea had a significant part of the global market in Pinot Grand Cru. And, fortunately, they probably won't be able to seize any quadium bombs from the U.S. if they invade, as we don't have any.

Reply to
Dave Platt

Pudgy is probably broadcasting from his safehouse in PRC. This is how he gets back at his disobedient population: gets the U.S. to nuke them.

Reply to
bloggs.fredbloggs.fred

Exactly.

Reply to
Clifford Heath

Just give Guam a sharp prod right in its Anderson AFB, and it will swim south to a new location.

Reply to
Bill Beaty

Why in the world would that fat kid threaten to nuke Guam?

Sometimes I think that Kim guy is crazy.

lunatic fringe electronics

Here's an interesting article on how to handle North Korea.

Mikek

Reply to
amdx

Almost like he's playing a game of escalating histrionic bloviation with some other histrionic bloviator.

Reply to
bitrex

I don't think the current US president has a high opinion of "Conventions". He will likely pull out of it as soon as it seems convenient to him.

Reply to
Rob

So much for all that John Winthrop "city upon a hill" stuff, I guess.

Reply to
bitrex

And he's starved to death a couple of million of his own people, and runs giant torture camps.

jlarkin att highlandtechnology dott com
http://www.highlandtechnology.com

Dave Platt wrote on 8/9/2017 4:26 PM:

I thought the Duchy of Grand Fenwick was the only country that had the Q-bomb?

--

Rick C
Reply to

Right, which is why a NYC businessman and washed-up part-time game show host trying to match him word-for-word on the tough guy rhetoric is only going to make one person look silly.

Reply to
bitrex

Remember "The Art of War"? "Pretend you are strong, when you are weak. Pretend you are weak, when you are strong."

The US is still pretty strong I think. idk if DT has read that one, though.

Reply to
bitrex

How many more poison gas attacks has Assad launched?

jlarkin att highlandtechnology dott com
http://www.highlandtechnology.com

Likely because Russia told him to knock it off, not because he was super-scared. The North Koreans don't really have a history of being particularly receptive to good advice, though.

Reply to
bitrex

Rather, they don't exactly have "allies" whose interests they feel they have to respect in the same way Assad does.

Reply to
bitrex

DT made it pretty clear: every time you use use poison gas, we'll take out 20% of your air force.

Sounds fair to me. Well, maybe a little low on the percentage.