Common mode chokes high R or L

Ok, I was not sure because you responded to the post that was everything about Lankford.

I started out chasing the problem as a common mode problem, when I should have looked for a noise source first. But in the process I fixed two problems in my radio. I resolved a lot of problems today and my radio no longer has any buzz, on the other hand the only buzz it had was picked up by the antenna. I have an outdoor light with an IR detector, it creates a terrible buzz, also found my garage door opener creates some buzz. They are both on the same circuit breaker. I very small amount of audio buzz was left but not enough to show on the S mater. I found that an isolation transformer with the ground lifted gets rid of that. So with all that taken care of, buy shutting off the breaker, I can hear 200kHz beacons, AMBCB, 80 Meters, 40 Meters, 10 Meters and CBers on

28MHz, so the amp is wide band and working.

Mikek

Reply to
amdx

Try fitting some ferrite cores near the sources of interference (on the power lines to it), that could help a lot.

Reply to
Rob