Commercial speed controller for power tools?

Specifically... I might buy a Rockwell BladeRunner X2, but I'd like to add variable speed. I'm looking around for information about its type of motor.

Does this from the owner's manual suggest the tool is a brushed universal motor that can be used with a generic speed controller?

"If you see some sparks flashing in the ventilation slots, this is normal and will not damage your power tool."

Thanks.

Reply to
John Doe

It sure looks like it. Of course, it could also have been cut and pasted from some older tool's owner's manual.

--
www.wescottdesign.com
Reply to

I've seen inapropriate messages in manuals for cheap tools before but judging by the guy on you tube holding it in one hand, it's probably not an induction motor.

--
  \_(?)_
Reply to