Commercial circuit, 1210 resistor dissipating 1 Watt

The upper 100 ohm resistor dissipates about a watt in low-power mode.

jlarkin att highlandtechnology dott com
http://www.highlandtechnology.com

Yep, the plot thickens. The output part was labeled K2. I had several recommendations as a cross, but the best came from here, from Jorge? He had a K2 part in an Icom, the manual listed that part as a RD01MUS1. I don't know if it is a P channel or an N channel, because google has pages showing the arrow going in both directions. Here's a spec sheet, see page 4 for a symbol of the device I am using.

Reply to
amdx

On Friday, August 18, 2017 at 2:28:57 PM UTC-7, amdx wrote: ...

You would think they would say N or P-channel, very unclear datasheet.

I don't think I've ever seen a P-channel RF transistor. Mobility is higher in N-channel so they are usually better for a given cost.

I would think N-channel. That fits with the circuit.

kevin

Reply to
kevin93

So what does the direction of the arrow signify? Thanks, Mikek

Reply to
amdx

After more googling, I see many more N channel Mosfes with the arrow pointing in. So I agree that I have an N channel Mosfet. I also think I have it drawn as an N channel Mosfet. So I'm not sure were P channel started.

Thanks, Mikek

Reply to
amdx

Corrected updated schematic,

Reply to
amdx

or,

FM

or

nsmitter

.

voltage across

Whenever I've looked at power resistor specs the stated Pdiss has been for

1,000hr life. I've even seens power Rs where the rated diss is for operatio n at -100C!!

NT

Reply to
tabbypurr