Comments on this Rigol ARB-Gen I just bought.

Our HP Function gen took a nose dive not to long ago and decided to retire it.

I just ordered this unit. If it is every thing it claims it is, I think i'll see if I can get the company to order one for each tech.

What do you guys think about this unit with it's price tag ?

Jamie

Even for the standard list price point it looks great value, so the sale price seems like a steal. Rigol make good quality stuff, but as an aside they've just been caught with their pants down with price cutting in one of their oscilloscopes which I'm going to mention in an upcoming blog.

Dave.

http://www.alternatezone.com/eevblog/
Reply to
David L. Jones

Ok, thanks for the input.

This will be the first time for me buying any Rigol equipment, we've always tried to stay with Tek,HP, Fluke and so on..

I do own a cheap owen hand scope/DMM, its more or less a tool box type meter, It works for what it is but wasn't designed for rugged environment and a lot of use!./. Not saying that I've had any issues with it yet.

I still like my older Tek 350Mhz dual channel scope, it seems to work well for most things that don't require a digital snap shot of wave points.

Reply to
Jamie

Master of the tease :-) I'll be waiting for the blog. Mike

Reply to
amdx

Gotta keep up my viewer numbers somehow :-P

It won't be in the next one (#18), filmed that already this morning. But probably the one after that.