Comments from a retired Intel executive...

Comments from a retired Intel executive...

...Jim Thompson

| 1962 | I shit upon the State of Maryland...

Everyone should take their business, and their vacations, elsewhere.

"Liberals favor emotion over logic as the direction-setting engine for society. They ask if we're treating people "fairly" and are always dumbfounded that prosperity-powered by the engine of high achievement-provides jobs at which the "less fortunate" can work in order to mitigate their less-fortunateness."

Just one of the many beauties of capitalism. Mike

Reply to
amdx

Just one more hateful, lying right wing bastard, spewing lies so fast he can't keep track - they're a dime a dozen. This one seems to be on some really, REALLY good drugs, however. lol

Reply to
Ouroboros Rex

The guy lost it, he's frothing at the mouth. This can't do the conservative cause any good.

Reply to
Michael Robinson

The road to Hell is paved with good intentions, as is the Communist Manifesto.

Problem is, the Communist Manifesto leaves out the part about, "Who pays the astronomical bill for all this largesse?"

You do, is who.

Thanks, Rich

Reply to
Richard the Dreaded Libertaria

I'd say it's more like the Blessings of Liberty. :-)

Cheers! Rich

Reply to
Richard the Dreaded Libertaria

"Some years ago, Heywood Broun told me of a cartoonist employed by one of the Communist papers in New York. The cartoonist developed cancer and was obliged to give up work. Broun went to the Communists and asked if they would not give him some pension to help pay his hospital bills. The answer that he received from the Communists was 'He is of no use to us. He is no longer a member of the revolutionary class, and therefore for us he does not exist.' That was good Communism, it was not good humanitarianism. Once you start with the principle that the person has no value, but only the revolutionary class has, then liquidation becomes inevitable."

- Archbishop Fulton Sheen

Reply to
Michael

We all do. A band with only lead singers won't go anywhere. We all need to work as a team to get further.

                     "If it doesn\'t fit, use a bigger hammer!"
Nico Coesel

Yet another total retard chimes in with totally retarded horseshit.

Reply to
UltimatePatriot

No it doesn't. Everyone contributes according to their ability... regardless of the reward.

The problem with your 'sharing the load' example is membership in 'the band' is voluntary according to mutually agreed terms of what 'the load' is and if you can't, or won't, perform you likely get fired or, if you don't think things are 'working out' you can quit, join a different band, or start your own.

The point is "freedom" vs some arbitrary pin head deciding what you supposedly 'owe' and are 'required' to do for the mythical 'common good' used as an excuse to dictate your life.

Reply to
flipper

"We all do" I'm not sure that's true, about forty percent of the the "we" don't pay any taxes. Mike And please don't say they pay payroll taxes (also known as social security taxes) That is a payment into a disability/retirement plan. That apparently pays out more than it takes in.

Reply to
amdx

You mean Federal income tax. They may pay State and local taxes, depending on the State.

Democrats love to play word games and SS is alternately called a 'contribution' or 'tax' depending on which line of B.S. they're selling that week. The other farce is 'the employer pays half', as if the money magically appears from thin air and we all know only the government is allowed that trick.

On your withholding it's called a 'contribution' but, as for 'the plan', the SCOTUS has ruled there is no 'personal account' and you have no 'claim' to any monies.

Reply to
flipper

Another delusional right wing liar. Like I said, a dime a dozen.

Reply to
Ouroboros Rex

Which "team" makes pencils? Who grows the wood, who cuts it up, who mines (or makes) the graphite for the leads, who mines the metal for the ferrule, smelts it, and forms it? Who harvests the latex from the rubber trees, who processes it into an eraser, and who assembles all these components?

Can a top-down dictatorship possibly run all these aspects of pencil manufacture?

The Free Market is the way to properly distribute the work and give the highest return on investment for all parties concerned.

Hope This Helps! Rich

Reply to
Richard the Dreaded Libertaria

We all know what free market leads to: banks go into bancrupty, poison baby milk, no more fish, no more trees, people looting, etc. Free market = total anarchy. Regulation is required for a society in order to function.

                     "If it doesn\'t fit, use a bigger hammer!"
Nico Coesel

They should shoot whoever thought of that. Seems like some politician wanted to get populair very fast. Now someone has to undo that. Soft healers make festering wounds.

                     "If it doesn\'t fit, use a bigger hammer!"
Nico Coesel

Society survived for THOUSANDS of years without government.

Then bullies decided it was to their benefit to create government. ...Jim Thompson

          Obama wee-wee\'d on himself, that\'s no problem,
 But you should be worried that he poo-poo\'d on your Constitution.

Now THAT's funny, I don't care who ya are.

Reply to
Ouroboros Rex

You are confounding conjured bugaboos and hurling them at your strawman.

A free market is no more 'anarchy' than a constitutional republic is.

Reply to
flipper

The Communist Manifesto is founded on the idea that Capital places large swaths of negative externalities on labor. It got wrong that there's a public goods aspect to increased production - that there would be significant public benefit arising from the increases in production. This meant at the time increases wrought in blood - the life expectancy of an early Industrial Revolution Londoner was about 35, lower than it had been 100 years before.

You can't quite blame 'em for it - Marx was right about more than he was wrong about. He's like Chomsky; good on the details, not so good on the fully assembled picture.

And if your Grandpa hadn'ta fought the Cold War, you'd have never heard about it to start with. They just didn't have the data, which were principally blown by the incredible amounts of agricultural productivity seen in regions around Nebraska, when the Great Plains were converted from buffalo to wheat and corn.

Nebraska demanded its own sacrifice, in the Great White Winter, when half of everything died. After that, it set the pattern to feed the world. Stalin copied this very closely; leading to the bounty from the Ukraine.

There was never so much "largesse" as during WWI - over 100% of GDP in retained bond debt year by year. We seem to have done fine by it. I think the Brits paid the last of it off a couple years ago. Don't believe me? Watch the decline in technical content of the Radio Shack catalogs year by year here:

Goes from datasheets to slick in nothing flat.

If I have a point, it is that details matter. The large generalities serve as well as they do, but sometimes, you gotta laugh like the character of Curtin ( Tim Hobbs ) in "The Treasure of the Sierra Madre". You can only do what you do with what you got. We're damn lucky the Commies *weren't* right.

And they might be yet.

-- Les Cargill

Reply to
Les Cargill