Come Vacation in Arizona...

You'll love it at night, sleeping with your windows open, the weather's so-o-o-o pleasant >:-} ...Jim Thompson

| 1962 |

Understanding is a fountain of life to one who has it, But the instruction of fools is folly. Proverbs 16:22

John

Reply to
John Robertson

Dumb-shit lefty missed the joke. Doesn't that constant sourness keep your stomach upset? ...Jim Thompson

      Understanding is a fountain of life to one who has it,
      But the instruction of fools is folly.  Proverbs 16:22

And what the hell does "222 licensed gun dealers" have to do with anything?

As for car crashes... you average 80MPH and you get some fatalities

And as for "big city"... Tucson is a piddling-sized town, population wise.

...Jim Thompson

      Understanding is a fountain of life to one who has it,
      But the instruction of fools is folly.  Proverbs 16:22

I like the Lake Powell/Flagstaff area a little cooler.

Martin Riddle

We sleep with the window open in the summer... under a couple of blankets.

This was just a few blocks away, near Safeway and the canyon:

lunatic fringe electronics

It means it's a nice place to live.

Reply to
krw

You post off-topic, I reply further off-topic.

John ;-#)#

Reply to
John Robertson

I'd love to come, can I pitch a tent in your back yard? ... after hitting the 60's (F) for a few days in February, March was more snow, and looking out my window there's a few inches snow on my car... with no end in sight according the the weather guys. I am soooo ready for something that looks like spring. :^)

George H.

Reply to
George Herold

last few days... I don't need a sweater anymore when I go out ;-)

(*)

Thanks Jim, I'm mostly just teasing, not really serious. But thanks for the offer. Eventually it will be warm here again.

George H.

Reply to
George Herold

You're welcome anytime.

Eventually it will be cold here again :-( It may even rain ;-) ...Jim Thompson

     Thinking outside the box... producing elegant solutions.

"Long live impudence! It is my guardian angel in this world."

"It is important to foster individuality, for only the individual
can produce the new ideas."

"A foolish faith in authority is the worst enemy of truth."

                              -Albert Einstein

Not much going on there when a cat messing with a snake is considered is an excitement...

Reply to
bloggs.fredbloggs.fred

Not just that. I imagine Jim gets plenty of target practice with all those wet-backs running through his back yard.

Cursitor Doom

Jim doesn't seem to keep a gun at home. And even in Arizona they'd have to knock on your back door before you'd be allowed to shoot them.

A UK tourist did get shot for knocking on somebody's front door late at night - apparently their car had broken down and they didn't have a mobile phone. Fatal mistake. Of course it didn't happen in Arizona - what tourist would go there?

--
Bill Sloman, Sydney
Reply to

It was that kind of event that made my parents decide that they did not want to raise a family in America. That was in the late 50s; I don't know whether things have improved since then.

Example events: - an acquaintance decided to walk home from a party; they were never seen again - police not wanting my mother to walk home, and insisting they gave her a lift home - when riding in a streetcar, I was showered with glass. Some local hero took a potshot at the streetcar.

Reply to
Tom Gardner

[snip]

I met up face-to-face with one of those "cats" in my backyard a number of years ago, except it was a mountain lion.

Not the kind of "cat" you want to tangle with... you'll lose. ...Jim Thompson

           To those of us in my age bracket...

           GREEN means inexperienced and/or incompetent.