Coin machine - comestero

Hi to all.

Am planning to implement one pulse coin machine ( comestero ) into one existing HW that was used for some other purpose.

What i have:

12V / GND / one data line and i can pull one additional line from MCU.

Question:

- would it be possible to use just one line for reading all coin values ( 0,5 / 1 / 2 / 5 )

Regards !

Reply to
en2

give encoded output or pulse output. The pulse output gives one pulse per base amount, so a 2 coin will generate 4 pulses (if base is 0,5).

--
Saludos
Reply to

Model: rm5 evolution But did you use one wire to read the coins or more wires ?

As far as i know reading data from one pin should be enough to read all possible combinations. Like 0.5 / 1 / 2 or 5. Basically all i need is one wire to MCU that would read input coins.

Reply to
en2

I used 1 wire for communication and two for power, and the validator was configured for pulse output. The multipulse mode is compatible with mechanical validators, so you can upgrade a machine easily.

It seems that the RM5 X 0M works this way, but I'm not 100% sure. The models I used (from NRI and Azkoyen) gave one 100 ms low pulse per coin unit.

Newer validators (including RM5 X CC) can use ccTalk, a 1-wire serial communication protocol.

--
Saludos
Reply to

That depends on which "rm5 evolution" model you have.

--
umop apisdn

Jasen Betts

I used 1 wire for communication and two for power, and the validator was configured for pulse output. The multipulse mode is compatible with mechanical validators, so you can upgrade a machine easily.

*** That's what i was thinking of. 12V, GND , 1 data wire.

CCTALK i have used cctalk on few boards but it's not that reliable. It has more options regarding tracking informations but for normal projects, pulse code is ok. What MCU are u using ?

Reply to
en2

I used Freescale and Fujitsu, but any MCU should do.

--
Saludos
Reply to

- can we hear us per mail ?

Reply to
en2

You can use webmaster at solener dot com.

--
Saludos
Reply to

there's several different options for the electronics, some of them will work with a single data wire.

CCTALK works fine if you have a real UART, or a good software UART. The protocol provides ample scope for error detection and recovery. I've only used it on validators that had built-in USB-SERIAL (SiLabs CP2101 IIRC)

--
umop apisdn

Jasen Betts

yep, real uart is the word :-) On side of this, cctalk is quite good.

Reply to
en2