Coil in high K powder

Does anyone know, or can speculate, what effect placing a solenoid coil in a high K dielectric such as TiO2 powder would have upon the generated composite field?

Mark Ferris

Reply to
Mark Ferris

Guessing the magnetic field pattern will be unaffected however the interwinding capacitance may be higher.

D from BC myrealaddress(at)comic(dot)com BC, Canada Posted to usenet sci.electronics.design

Reply to
D from BC

A coil in dielectric? Probably negligible, other than interwinding capacitance, which could change the self-resonant frequency, but would that change even be measurable?

Why not just try it? (I'm a techie, not an academician - I do hands-on tests - when I've used only theory I've never gotten the right answer in practice.)

Another possible consideration: what are the powder's magnetic characteristics?

Cheers! Rich

Reply to
Rich Grise

First speculate on the bulk K of the powder. Even though the individual grains might be high K, I would bet the bulk K is not.

--
Regards,

Adrian Jansen           adrianjansen at internode dot on dot net
Design Engineer         J & K Micro Systems
Microcomputer solutions for industrial control
Note reply address is invalid, convert address above to machine form.
Reply to
Adrian Jansen