Clock on LCD from Nokia3310?

I plan to made clock and countdown timer and stopwatch with PIC16f84 on Nokia 3310 LCD.

I found interface for display

and other stuff:

but Iam new in this area, can anybody help me with this interface:

I need description for this interface and software!

Thanks!!

Reply to
Hiroc

No bomb-building advice given, sorry.

Reply to
Mark Jones

Bomb building? Sheesh, talk about paranoia! If he wanted to build a bomb I would think he'd just go the old fashioned way with an egg timer or an alarm clock, this sounds like he got a surplus display and would like to put it to use.

Reply to
James Sweet

Need clock for racing NO bomb!!!!!!!!!

Reply to
Hiroc

Heh! Ask his question to any of the survivors of the train bombing in Spain last year. Not paranoid - observant. Why not make a countdown timer with a 16x2 HD44780 LCD? Much easier - practically an industry standard.

Reply to
Mark Jones

"Hiroc" schreef in bericht news:d2mh2t$ef0$ snipped-for-privacy@ss405.t-com.hr...

Google for pcd8544.pdf, this describes the protocol for the display. You need that to write your software.

And I don't care if you're making a bomb as long as you use it on paranoia idiots ;)

--
Thanks, Frank.
(remove 'q' and 'invalid' when replying by email)

You know, you just jynxed yourself, Frank. Believe what you want, by all means.

Hiroc, why on earth are you using a cellphone display? Try one of these, they come with a datasheet and wiring diagram:

Mark Jones

means.

The cellphone displays have a serial interface whereas those that I looked at which you quoted had a parallel interface. With the pins of a microcontroller at a premium, a serial interface may often be preferred.

Reply to
richard mullens

Well, there was a serial LCD at AllElectronics last time I checked, but it was (ahhhemmm) $50. Barring that, any HD44780-based LCD can be driven in 4-bit mode, using 6 pins total (for write-only access); four or maybe even five of which can actively be multiplexed with other devices. A 16F84 would have 10(+4) I/O pins, plenty to implement even the most advanced stopwatch / chronograph / "countdown" timer.

I think they make serial shift-registers for 8-bit LCD's also. That could be another idea, if pins really are an issue.

A Nokia cellphone is what... $150? Hmmmm...

-- "Man, our world is F!@%*# up!" MCJ 20050223

Reply to
Mark Jones

mode,

can

"countdown"

Yes - but you can get the LCD screen on ebay for £3.99 (plus postage perhaps)

Reply to
richard.mullens

The 3310 LCDs and many others can be had very cheaply as spares, and are also easier to mount in some sorts of small devices.

Reply to
Ian Stirling

mode,

And you can get spare LCDs (perhaps not genuine nokias) for well under $10.

Reply to
Ian Stirling

Because he's living in .hr, which I think is Croatia or Bosnia or someplace nearer to a Nokia factory than you are.

Mark Zenier snipped-for-privacy@eskimo.com Washington State resident

Reply to
Mark Zenier