clee phone AVC

You see people react :-)

Well, you do not believe your own political representative European ambassador, you do not believe Bitrex, you do not believe me, I cannot help you with your believe system, most my 'beliefs' come from first hand experience, so time may well change that for you. But you do believe Donald. Hey I did not even believe in Donald Duck, but was fun to read as a kid. Cesar sad: Give the people bread and games.

Oh well.. ;-)

Reply to
Jan Panteltje

I type my texts by voice, dictation if you will.

In not too much longer the translation will be good enough to speak in Dutch and have written English.

--

  Rick C.

  --+ Get 1,000 miles of free Supercharging
  --+ Tesla referral code - https://ts.la/richard11209
Reply to
Rick C

Most ambassadors, "diplomats", are protocol worshiping asses.

He's a shock to the establishment because he's not a career politician, and substitutes common sense for norms and nuance.

Every china shop needs an occasional bull.

I liked Gyro Gearloose.

jlarkin att highlandtechnology dott com
http://www.highlandtechnology.com

By the same rational you should hire a sanitation engineer to design boards for you.

Yes, just the other day I was a help wanted ad, "Bull needed for China Shop - part time only".

lol

--

  Rick C.

  -+- Get 1,000 miles of free Supercharging
  -+- Tesla referral code - https://ts.la/richard11209
Reply to
Rick C

In wired networks 10/100/1G/10G Ethernet is quite universal, carrying all kinds of traffic.

Hopefully 5G becomes a similar wireless access network.

With a small base station in every lamp post, the cell size is very small and frequencies can be reused at short distances.

Regarding TV reception, how many watch the programs in real time, how many people within a small cell are watching the same TV program. There is no point broadcasting all TV programs in each and every small cell all the time.

Of course the base stations need to be interconnected. A few (not many) nearby base stations can use a wireless point-to-point connection to some "hub" base station, preferably using some higher frequency band. Since lamp posts need electric power cabling (at least outside tropical latitudes), why not install a fiber cable in the same trench as the power cable. A fiber cable with multiple fibers and WDM can handle terabits/second.

Reply to
upsidedown

I don't know much about 5G, but I'd expect they can do the Ricochet thing between the small boxes, and not run fiber to every one.

People are providing ourtageous peak data rates now, under the reasonable assumption that a lot of internet traffic is low duty cycle bursts.

(Except in Truckee over the holidays, when a zillion kids pack rentals and want to watch movies and play games, rather than going outside and playing in the snow.)

jlarkin att highlandtechnology dott com
http://www.highlandtechnology.com

Good grief, you can't even put together a decent allegory. The china shop owner is the establishment. Of course they don't want someone upsetting their cushy existence.

Reply to
krw

That has been observed at the glider club: kids preferring to play /in/ the simulator rather than go outside and pull

Reply to
Tom Gardner

In that case I'll be a suitable person to treat you when you next end up in hospital.

Apart from that, common sense isn't common, and Trump is in a position where extraordinary sense is required.

Reply to
Tom Gardner

On a sunny day (Fri, 22 Nov 2019 22:25:21 +0200) it happened snipped-for-privacy@downunder.com wrote in :

I think it is the other way around, a few cell towers for 4G versus an incredible lot of wires and bad indoors reception for 5G.

In the streets here I see many people sitting behind a big screen all night long.. They swallow what is thrown at them without question it seems,

I never watch live TV, always set a timer, so I can fast forward past what I do not care about later. My new DVB-T2 30$ ebay receiver lets you set a timer in seconds, records in HD to USB stick.

Dig up the whole infrastructure? Behavior when power failure? The cellphone towers do have some backup here I think (not 100% sure). In emergencies phones and radio should at least be working for a while so people can be informed. I do think that in 5G some of the lower frequencies as used now for 4G will also be used, we will see.

How many people watch TV on the street? Not many I think, those very high frequencies do not pass through walls. Every house an outside antenna? Then we are back in the sixties... IMNSHO it is all about sales and hype.

Reply to
Jan Panteltje

On a sunny day (Fri, 22 Nov 2019 12:03:34 -0800) it happened John Larkin wrote in :

Well some are, some have some desire to do things right it seems. T only wants echos of his own show, but lesser.

Not sure I would call what he does 'common sense'. It is just talking to a special group (Fox watchers?) He has something that does convince some people, I was listening to a bit of him talking and was wondering if he actually believed himself what he babbles about. But a very strong mind forming way of speaking. Some weak will fall for it, be brainwashed by it. I had heard enough crap after a few minutes, so stopped listening to him.

Yea, and Little Helper!

Reply to
Jan Panteltje

These days 4G and 5G share the frequencies around 3 GHz, but for claimed 5G throughput, millimeter waves are required. Is there established frequency allocations above 24 GHz and have the modulation type been fixed (possibly DMT/COFDN) ?

I am not sure if they watch real time TV or Youtube, but technically this is the same.

While windows covered with IR reflective coating will also effectively block microwaves, original glass is not as bad.

The shorter the wavelength, it will sneak through trough quite small openings and propagate through e.g. air condition ducts.

Reply to
upsidedown

Don't know about new 24 GHz allocations, but the FCC is taking away some of the frequency allocation for NOAA which will impact weather forecasting.

Netflix, Hulu? That's what I watch. Lots of material and some of it very good. Netflix produces their own material which can be very good stuff. Travelers is a great show.

Don't watch it in weird places on my phone though. I don't even like watching the videos the news stuff tries to force on me. So no need for 5G.

And be very heavily absorbed by wood and other solid materials.

But first you need a transmitter near you. Where I am they don't have 4G yet. In fact, I have to use my Internet connection to make my cell phone work reliably. What do I care about 5G?

--

  Rick C.

  -+- Get 1,000 miles of free Supercharging
  -+- Tesla referral code - https://ts.la/richard11209
Reply to
Rick C

From memory 25 years ago, propagation studies showed some pine needles and other leaves have noticeable effects at bands >20GHz. Outdoor/last mile reception varied according to the seasons :)

Reply to
Tom Gardner

Leaves have a lot of water in them and there is a water absorbtion peak around 22 GHz ...

What is the absorbtion of dry wood used in buildings is an other issue.

Of course if you are operating very close to the direct line of sight link budget conditions, you will have a low fade margin already at 11 GHz, in which TV-satellite reception may be hampered by growing tree branches.

In fact UHF TV reception may depend on the season and the amount of leaves.

With 5G, it does not make much sense to talk about last mile, since the typical propagation paths are less than 100 m, so perhaps in the US, they start talking about the last football field :-).

Reply to
upsidedown

Yes, but it won't be last mile. Not sure it will even be last quarter mile.

I'm not very good at predicting the acceptance of new technology. I never thought cell phones would take off at all. Still, I just don't see the need for it. But I'm not everyone.

--

  Rick C.

  -++ Get 1,000 miles of free Supercharging
  -++ Tesla referral code - https://ts.la/richard11209
Reply to
Rick C

Houses can have repeaters as needed. They would probably be wall-warts, $8 at Safeway or Amazon.

In Star Trek, they didn't have horrible bundles of cables or wifi boxes everywhere, and they didn't have dead spots where their communicator gadgets didn't work.

lunatic fringe electronics
Reply to
jlarkin

High attenuation is a virtue for microcell networks. It allows frequency reuse, hence high data rates. It just needs a lot of cheap repeaters.

lunatic fringe electronics
Reply to
jlarkin

I'll be careful around the broken glass.

Are you an MD? Nurse?

Or where group-think delusion is dangerous.

Superb fun book: "Shattered" , about how T out-thought a billion dollars worth of highly organized pollsters, political experts, consultants, data mashers, and most of the press corps.

lunatic fringe electronics
Reply to
jlarkin

Only enough that he's President and Hillary is not.