clee phone AVC

Relative to some recent political reporting, a person was claimed to shout into a cell phone so loud that the other person had to take it away from his ear, and then other people in the restaurant heard the speaker.

Reminds me of the old submarine movies when the sonar operator, wearing headphones, is deafened by a depth charge explosion.

Don't cell phones have AVC on the mike input, and limited output volume?

Wouldn't the noise from a headphone be limited by the amp driving it?

Sounds like fiction in both cases.

lunatic fringe electronics
Reply to
jlarkin

Yes, yes, and yes.

Cursitor Doom

meant cell phone. Never learned to type.

lunatic fringe electronics
Reply to
jlarkin

You did not hear my Nokia, always have to keep it away from my ear. There must be a volume setting somewhere, but the high volume is a plus in noisy environment, T has not called my yet, I was wondering if he did that jewish settlements are OK thing so he can ask for political asylum there when he is sentenced to life for treason, he will probably flee with airforceone, better put it on chains.

Reply to
Jan Panteltje

?

Not entirely true. My smart phone uses the same speaker for both the earpi ece and the speaker. When I switch to speaker mode the volume doesn't go u p immediately. Sometimes there is no sound right away and it seems like it didn't switch to speaker so I put the phone closer to my ear to see if I c an hear something and suddenly they start talking and it's LOUD!

So in this case there could potentially be harm and definitely other people could hear because that is the purpose of speaker mode.

--

  Rick C.

  - Get 1,000 miles of free Supercharging
Rick C

In a quiet house I can easily hear myself talking at a normal volume

20-25 feet away out my cell phone speaker from the land line when the control is maxed out. Moto E4. Shouting in a restaurant I cannot test atm.

Sometimes people set the phone to "Speaker" instead of "Phone" which boosts the volume even more.

Reply to
bitrex

It's hard to believe JL gets out so little that he's never overheard someone shouting at someone over a cell phone like on a crowded train or something "Honey, honey are you there?? This cold's the worst! Pick me up some Thudafed on the way home! THU DA FED!"

Reply to
bitrex

Honestly Mr. Urban Elite do you ever get out anywhere on your own and observe things that happen in the real world or do you have people who handle those tasks for you?

Reply to
bitrex

That's not the issue.

lunatic fringe electronics
Reply to
jlarkin

It's the volume setting on the call-receiving phone that matters, not how loud someone is talking on the other end.

Same on my desk phone.

lunatic fringe electronics
Reply to
jlarkin

I can get you a discount on clues.

lunatic fringe electronics
Reply to
jlarkin

smartphones often have three or four volume settings you can adjust independently e.g. mine has "Ring", "Media", "Alarm", and "Call."

The "Call" volume on mine defaults to max volume when a call connects or you place one.

Reply to
bitrex

some phones turn up the volume if you take it away from your ear.

phones can be loud.

Jasen Betts

The President commented on this today. He said that cell phones don't work that way (screaming on the send becomes super loud on the receive end) and that he'd tried it.

Good grief, we're not used to this much common sense.

jlarkin att highlandtechnology dott com
http://www.highlandtechnology.com

I actually laughed out loud at that one. I thought the punch line was "he'd tried it." Then I read the follow on line about "common sense".

I wish I could provide a video of me laughing so loud it hurt someone's ears on the other end of a phone connection.

lol

--

  Rick C.

  + Get 1,000 miles of free Supercharging
Rick C

Like Elon Musk's management style the President probably immediately fired anyone whose ringer went off too loud and too close to his desk and it annoyed him that day.

Reply to
bitrex

He probably still uses a cell phone that looks like this, but gold plated:

Reply to
bitrex

It was funny to hear all the NPR and CNN dweebs repeating the story, that Trump screamed so loud into a phone that everybody in the restaurant near the receiving guy could hear it. None of these people thought to try and see if that's possible. Maybe they don't have cell phones.

I have a flip phone, a Casio Rock, that seems to be indestructable. Construction guys treasure them. One demo was to run over it with a Jeep.

jlarkin att highlandtechnology dott com
http://www.highlandtechnology.com

Of course it's possible. My speaker phone is loud enough for everyone in a car to hear it.

--

  Rick C.

  -- Get 1,000 miles of free Supercharging
Rick C

It may not have been a question of Trump screaming into the phone.

It may have simply been that Sondland had deliberately turned up the phone audio all the way, to try to overcome a high noise level in the restaurant. If he overdid it, he might then have held the phone away from his ear rather than try to fiddle with the volume settings in real time while the President was on the line.

Some cell phones can be very loud at maximum gain even if the "speakerphone" feature isn't activated. The one I have, a Motorola G6, certainly can be. If the "speakerphone" mode is accidentally activated (just takes one errant finger-touch) it's even louder.

Reply to
Dave Platt