Classic reprints

I've started to add some of my classic reprints to

There's eight of them so far, with dozens more about to be added. Both construction projects and tutorials.

The files are single load PDF's using Adobe's new Clearscan. Most of the text is now fully searchible.

--
Many thanks,

Please visit my GURU\'s LAIR web site at http://www.tinaja.com
Reply to
Don Lancaster

Reprint the 4046 PLL article that was in Radio Electronics (Popular?). ( I think it was you that wrote that one )

Martin Riddle

I only see the first page using the Foxit reader.

John

I did not use the 4046 all that much. There was some coverage in my CMOS Cookbook.

Do you have a better reference?

--
Many thanks,

Please visit my GURU\'s LAIR web site at http://www.tinaja.com
Reply to
Don Lancaster

Make sure you are in the right section.

Try

Otherwise, try a real adobe reader.

The third party links are page-at-a-time and unsearchable. My links are full document and searchable with smaller file sizes.

--
Many thanks,

Please visit my GURU\'s LAIR web site at http://www.tinaja.com
Reply to
Don Lancaster

Third party? I used the link you posted.

And the Adobe stuff is buggy, slow, bloated crap. Foxit and CutePDF are *way* faster, free, and don't hang up my PC.

John

works perfectly well with Adobe ...Jim Thompson

Eight years ago, on September 11, around 6AM, 4 telephone calls in
rapid succession, "Mom, Where\'s Dad, Is he flying?"
My wife woke me and turned on the television.
                               ****
                       We will NEVER forget!
                         We WILL get even!
                  Destroy All Islamic Barbarians!
            Start by applying salt to the Obama-slug ;-)

That works fine with Foxit, too.

Cheers

Phil Hobbs

--
Dr Philip C D Hobbs
Principal

They work fine with my Foxit 2.3

Dave.

http://www.eevblog.com
Reply to
David L. Jones

I only see one page of nixiec01.pdf and shiftreg-1.pdf.

John

On Sep 11, 11:51=A0am, Don Lancaster wrote: > I've started to add some of my classic reprints to > >

I remember many of those articles from grade school through high school. I never had the money to build them then but I was always fascinated with the possibilities and found them educational.

Many thanks

Glenn Gundlach G=B2

Reply to
stratus46

That happened to me on a downloaded issue of Circuit Cellar the other month. But if I recall it didn't work on Acrobat either.

Dave.

http://www.eevblog.com
Reply to
David L. Jones

Don, please, it's spelled "hobbyist".

Reply to
a7yvm109gf5d1

You're just being hobbier-than-thou. ;)

Cheers

Phil Hobbs

-- Dr Philip C D Hobbs Principal ElectroOptical Innovations

55 Orchard Rd Briarcliff Manor NY 10510 845-480-2058 hobbs at electrooptical dot net
Phil Hobbs

Thanks! Maybe I can now get rid of some of my old Radio Electronics, many of which I've saved for your articles.

The links all work properly for me using PCLOS Linux and KPDF.

--
Virg Wall, P.E.
Reply to

trying to kick the hobbit.

-- Many thanks,

Don Lancaster voice phone: (928)428-4073 Synergetics 3860 West First Street Box 809 Thatcher, AZ 85552 rss:

email: snipped-for-privacy@tinaja.com

Please visit my GURU's LAIR web site at

Don Lancaster

Any chance you have some old MODERN ELECTRONICS magazines?

These are enormously hard to find, and I want to scan my hacker columns from them. Especially

entries.

--
Many thanks,

Please visit my GURU\'s LAIR web site at http://www.tinaja.com
Reply to
Don Lancaster

Ooops, my mistake. It was Forest Mimms that wrote the article. Popular Electronics, July/August 1980

Nine little article on the 4046 pll operation.

Martin Riddle

Pick on someone your own size. A typical Hobbs is 6'2".

John

I tried looking at a few documents. Works fine in Foxit Reader 2.2. Search function works a charm.

Reply to
qrk