Circuit that holds freq with the highest voltage in response to freq sweep?

Hello

I was wondering if anyone knew of a circuit that would oscillate at a frequency that had the most power in response to a frequency sweep. This would be like using a network analyzer to excite a crystal, and measuring the resonance frequency, except instead of showing the response as the frequency is swept, it outputs a signal oscillating at the resonant frequency.

Any ideas would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks

Reply to
EEUndergrad

Well, loosley related is a phase-locked loop where you can lock into a desired freq set up by the VCO.

Hardy

Reply to
HardySpicer

If I understand correctly, you want an AC motor with a flywheel? The frequency with the highest power transferred to the motor determines the flywheel's ultimate rotation rate?

Reply to
whit3rd

The network in question probably has a phase shift that varies a bunch near the peak, so it's likely there is some simple oscillator/driver circuit that would self-oscillate at that peak.

John

Turn the DUT voltage into a dc voltage, and store said v on a capacitor. When the voltage rises up to the cap stored v during the sweep, conncet the DUT to your PLL, when its not rising, dont connect. I dont know a more elegant way.

NT

Reply to
NT