Christmas present for those with "The Knack"

Mikek

The Knack,

amdx

On a sunny day (Thu, 3 Dec 2015 07:22:20 -0600) it happened amdx wrote in :

:-)

Reply to
Jan Panteltje

I'd want the kit.

--

Tim Wescott
Wescott Design Services

Nice idea. Perfect for when I need an excuse for being late. "My alarm clock's window comparator had too much hysteresis" or similar analog mumble-jumble. Oops, that won't work. He stuck in some digital (Atmel ATtiny44). There went the analog purist market.

What's a "twitchy needle" display mode?

--
Jeff Liebermann     jeffl@cruzio.com
Santa Cruz CA 95060 http://802.11junk.com

Reminds me of the no digit digital clock. just a ring of leds like a regular clock face.

I think it was in PE, or Radio Electronics.

Martin Riddle

I think I can guess(tm) how it works. The Atmel chip is a digital clock, with two outputs of hours and minutes in either BCD or Binary format. The two outputs go to two DAC's which drive the meters. Very clever methinks.

I've been saving ancient analog panel meters for no reason that I can recall. I'm tempted to build such a clock and put the meters go good use. Analog meter scale drawing software:

Probably buggy firmware, turning a bug into a feature.

--
Jeff Liebermann     jeffl@cruzio.com
Santa Cruz CA 95060 http://802.11junk.com
Jeff Liebermann