Chinese Fiber Laser

So we just took delivery of our new Chinese fiber laser (for etching and ma ybe light-duty cutting operations). I believe it is a 50-watt unit.

We got it going and was able to mark a few nameplates, etc...

Of course, all the literature is in Chinese (and even some of the software) .

My question is: What does "TC" mean within the context of "laser on", "las er off", "polygon end", etc...?

Later today, I'll go down to the shop floor and get a screen capture of the se exact, user-editable, fields. Bottom line: We don't know what they ar e, or how they should be set. We don't run the laser over 80%.

Reply to
mpm

onsdag den 6. november 2019 kl. 17.13.00 UTC+1 skrev mpm:

maybe light-duty cutting operations). I believe it is a 50-watt unit.

e).

aser off", "polygon end", etc...?

hese exact, user-editable, fields. Bottom line: We don't know what they are, or how they should be set. We don't run the laser over 80%.

google found this,

ual.pdf

and it looks like TC has to do with laser on time before and after a move

Reply to
Lasse Langwadt Christensen

Slightly related, we will be buying some relay-rack-mount 3U enclosures that are fabbed from laser-cut steel parts.

jlarkin att highlandtechnology dott com
http://www.highlandtechnology.com

mpm wrote in news: snipped-for-privacy@googlegroups.com:

50W at 80% is a LOT of 'power' to deliver to a target for mere product ID tag marking.

Epilog 40 with CNC and evacuation is not too much. What was you amazing discount that you chose cheap chinese over been doin it a long time?

Reply to
DecadentLinuxUserNumeroUno

Yes, we found that as well, and it's how we got as far as we did. And even, took some trial and error.

Reply to
mpm

The boss selected it, not me. It was $6,500 US delivered, including roughly $1100 for the tariff. According to the boss, the closest domestic equiv (USA) was $25k.

Me? I'm not sure I'd invest in something this expensive that's Chinese. Can it be fixed if it breaks? IDK. Although that said, I do have several Nikon camera lenses (JAPAN) that are $5k or more each.... But at least Nikon is a recognized worldwide brand. This Chinese laser thing?, I'm not even sure it has a nameplate!

And - sometimes, you can get some pretty amazing stuff from China at downright ridiculous prices. I'm sure doing so wrecks somebody's economy somewhere, but we're all probably screwed on that front anyway. Eventually.

Back to the topic, I guess we need a crash-course on how much power, and the other settings, are appropriate for the various things we will mark., etc... Preferably, something written in English.

Reply to
mpm