Chinese Electronic Parts

I have one of those too and have bought several for friends and relatives.

I have several other Chinese-made scales. One is a kitchen scale that weighs up to 10kg with a resolution of 1 gm and a jeweler's scale that goes up to 200 gm with a resolution of 0.01gm. I also have three different luggage scales with a maximum load of 50kg. I've been using all of them regularly for many years now.

Reply to
Pimpom

I have a digital bathroom scale from years ago. I guess the electronics is a lot cheaper now. This one has a single strain gauge and uses mechanical levers to put the weight of each corner of the scale onto the strain gauge . If I lean too far back (meaning not leaning forward at all) it won't rea d at all. I have to lean forward a bit and the weight can vary a bit. May be it's time for a new one.

Rick

Reply to
gnuarm.deletethisbit

Placed LCSC order Thursday the 26th at 8pm GMT, for 100 pieces at 44 cents each. They had it ready to ship the 28th at 1:38 am, dispatched a few seconds later, and traceable by 2:07 am. That was by DHL, cost $23.

Order placed just under the wire, according to their web page: They're on vacation from the 29th until May 2nd, International Labor Day.

Entering the tracking number into DHL, says picked up 28th, at 17:37, departed Shenzhen 23:07, arrived Hong Kong customs 29th 00:07, departed 07:54, arrive Cincinnati hub 17:01, processed, cleared 21:27, departed 30th 1:44. That's today, it's scheduled to be delivered Cambridge, MA by the end of the day. Yeah! They'll be off to the assembly house today!

--
 Thanks,
    - Win

The display shows 0.01g resolution, but they can't measure that small a cha nge.

NT

Reply to
tabbypurr

Received at 2pm my time, looks AOK.

--
 Thanks,
    - Win

Do let us know how the parts turn out.

Reply to
Pimpom

Yes, *test* them properly (as I'm sure you of all people will!) and please let us know the outcome.

Cursitor Doom

These Avia HX711 ICs are an example of parts that'll never be counterfeited, they're too damn cheap. Tens to hundreds of millions made and sold for pennies, to be used in scales of all types. They work extremely well. It's most likely they'll never be second-sourced either, they're quite sophisticated and hard to make.

--
 Thanks,
    - Win

Hah, one set of AliExpress parts came roaring in one day later, using another shipping firm. Meanwhile FedEx didn't pickup my package to CO.

--
 Thanks,
    - Win

The above parts were rapidly sent from Hong Kong by a Chinese shipper, SF Express. Recommended.

My second set of 100 from an AliExpress seller came in just now, by DHL, who shipped it here in two days. But the seller took six days to get it to DHL in Hong Kong, bummer!

--
 Thanks,
    - Win

Actually 1st set I ordered, 3rd set received. But all three shipments came in soon enough for our little emergency. Conclusion, AliExpress is OK.

--
 Thanks,
    - Win