Cheap-ish Membrane keypad prototypes?

Anyone know who can do cheap(ish) custom prototype membrane keypads? i.e. 1-off prototypes. This is my own money, so $$ count :->

Thanks Dave.

Reply to
David L. Jones

They ran an ad in Circuit Cellar a while back. (5) 4-switch custom membranes / keyboards for $395.

Reply to
mpm

FYI, it is also possible to use a simple plastic membrane and have separate PCB mounted "tactile" switches behind it.

--

John Devereux
Reply to

Hello Dave,

I have used the Farnell "generic" membrane keypads in the past to do a working mock-up for customer prototypes. Not too expensive and you can "slip-in" you own labels for button identification.

Regards,

Andy Wood [the other one..... ;-)..]

Andy

Dave,

Here a link to the Farnell product:

Regards,

Andy Wood

Andy

I had a showbag from some Kiwi company that makes F&P membrane keypads: It had a tiny alphanumeric matrix keypad in it as a free sample, I'll see if I can dig it up and let you know who the agent is.

Reply to
Mark Harriss

Permark:

I've never bought off them but if the sample bag with keypads in it is any example, there'll be one suitable in it if you can talk them out of some samples.

Reply to
Mark Harriss

Hey, what do you mean "the other one"? I'm the other one...

Andy Wood snipped-for-privacy@trap.ozemail.com.au

Reply to
Andy Wood

Yep, already got that in place, just seeing what options there are for a full membrane.

Thanks Dave.

Reply to
David L. Jones