Charger for Sony Walkman

Hi

I thought it should be easy - an USB charger for a Sony Walkman. I took and old power supply, 5V and an USB plug - that was it - my stuff work, it gets 5V and works, but the Sony Walkman seems to want more.

It is a Sony Walkman, 2 GB (written on it), model unknown. A few years old. Squared menu button.

What could it possibly want to charge?

It belongs to a friend, who does not have a computer.

WBR Sonnich

Reply to
jodleren

5V *should* be OK, although you might try 5.5V for good measure. It might want to see, e.g., the data lines shorted. That's the official means by which a battery charger tells a device that it's a charger... although over time various manufacturers have come up with lots of other "tricks" like that as well.

If you do a little Googling, you'll see that your problem is not uncommon. It's best if you can get the original charger and take it apart/poke around it some to figure out what's going on...

----Joel

Reply to
Joel Koltner

ght

y which

as

.

nd it

When I search on Google I only finds lots of shops selling stuff - words like design, cord and cable does not help much.

WBR Sonnich

Reply to
jodleren

I was thinking more like, "usb charger doesn't work". Leads to a lot of hit on various Apple product not working with "generic" USB chargers, e.g.,

.

---Joel

Reply to
Joel Koltner