Ceramic capacitor data on the web

Hi, All,

Given all the churn in the parts business at the moment, I've been spending an unconscionable amount of time finding suitable replacements for out-of-stock parts. High value ceramic caps are the worst.

Most makers have websites where you can look at the C(V) curves:

AVX: (This one is super clunky--every time you select something it displays a throbber for 5-10 seconds. It does give you soakage models though, which is nice if they're vaguely accurate.)

Cornell Dubilier has a lifetime/temperature calculator,

Kemet Ksim: (about the best)

Kyocera:

Murata SimSurfing (Honourable mention):

Panasonic has downloadable selection tools that don't run under WINE, so I don't know if they're any good:

Taiyo Yuden TY-Compas (Honourable mention):

TDK:

Yageo:

Samsung has some good datasheets that you can get to from e.g. Digikey's product page, but a lot of their products are the pits, e.g. this one, whose capacitance falls off by over 90% at rated voltage:

Others don't seem to, e.g. Johanson, Vishay, and most of the smaller Chinese outfits.

Sure would be nice if everybody had decent datasheets like Samsung's good ones.

Cheers

Phil Hobbs

--
Dr Philip C D Hobbs
Principal Consultant

http://electrooptical.net
http://hobbs-eo.com
Reply to
Phil Hobbs

KSIM is crap. It hangs up the box for 10 minutes before the title page comes up.

Reply to
Johann Klammer

One solution is to use slightly different part values, e.g., 0.082 or 0.12uF, instead of 0.1uF, etc. These aren't suffering severe shortages from new buyers.

--
 Thanks,
    - Win

Works fine for me. Maybe a browser issue.

Cheers

Phil Hobbs

-- Dr Philip C D Hobbs Principal Consultant ElectroOptical Innovations LLC / Hobbs ElectroOptics Optics, Electro-optics, Photonics, Analog Electronics Briarcliff Manor NY 10510

Phil Hobbs

That'll likely only hold until distributor stock has been drained of these "off" values as people use them as alternates. The word from our Procurement department is that ongoing cap production will first support the most popular values.

Reply to
Simon S Aysdie