Cement Production is Third Largest CO2 Producer by Country

That's pretty amazing. There is a trade group that wants cement makers to sign up to be carbon neutral by 2050. Given that CO2 is produced by the ch emistry of making Portland cement, I think that is a tall order, not to men tion all the energy required to heat the slurry.

2050 is 30 years away, but still...
--
  Rick C.

  - Get 1,000 miles of free Supercharging
 Click to see the full signature
Reply to
Rick C

o sign up to be carbon neutral by 2050. Given that CO2 is produced by the chemistry of making Portland cement, I think that is a tall order, not to m ention all the energy required to heat the slurry.

And the process is used to dispose of nasty things that there's really no b etter way to dispose of.

NT

Reply to
tabbypurr

to sign up to be carbon neutral by 2050. Given that CO2 is produced by th e chemistry of making Portland cement, I think that is a tall order, not to mention all the energy required to heat the slurry.

better way to dispose of.

Oh you mean put things in the concrete? I work in this old building... you can see the pieces of steel and such buried in the floors. (They built model T's in this place. Years ago.) Hmm the website's iffy. here's the history page.

The sad part is about Trico, which left for elsewhere (Mexico?) in the late 80's.

George H.

Reply to
George Herold

People who didn't keep to their agreements :P

Reply to
Clifford Heath

Maybe Jimmy Hoffa? :-)

Reply to
Bill Martin

rs to sign up to be carbon neutral by 2050. Given that CO2 is produced by the chemistry of making Portland cement, I think that is a tall order, not to mention all the energy required to heat the slurry.

no better way to dispose of.

I mean nasties go into the cement kiln. It makes them safe & adds fuel. Med ical waste, toxins etc.

NT

Reply to
tabbypurr

kers to sign up to be carbon neutral by 2050. Given that CO2 is produced b y the chemistry of making Portland cement, I think that is a tall order, no t to mention all the energy required to heat the slurry.

y no better way to dispose of.

edical waste, toxins etc.

They should do what Al Gore does and plant more trees:

Flyguy