CD/DVD "Label" Printers

Anyone have recommendations/observations about printers that print _directly_ onto CD's or DVD's?

I have stick-on labels I can easily print, but the rumor mill says these don't work on DVD's... they are an open invitation to jamming.

...Jim Thompson

 Click to see the full signature

Yea stickons don't do DVD's.

Heard lightscribe was slow, didn't know it was this slow

Perhaps a inkjet setup would be better, there is apparently a anti smear covering available.

Martin Riddle

Jim, there are problems with sticking labels on CD's DVD's ect.. Look here.

that prints nicely :)

"

Reply to
Jamie

Here is a basic one that is with in range! :)

"

Reply to
Jamie

I have two burners with Lightscribe ability. The labels are dull and boring. I did several before going out to buy the Epson printer.

Reply to
Don Bowey

I have an HP C5280. Prints well to CDs.

Cheers

Ian

Reply to
Ian Thompson-Bell

Jim,

Is this for labeling the DVD with its contents? Or just a company logo thing.

If its the later you can get custom printed CD/DVD's, That what we do, and we hand mark the contents with a sharpie. No god awful labels or printing. And the media is priced reasonable. I think we used CDstogo or something, get their photoshop template, create your artwork and your set.

Martin Riddle

=BF=BD =EF=BF=BD =EF=BF=BD =EF=BF=BD =EF=BF=BD =EF=BF=BD =EF=BF=BD =EF=BF= =BD =EF=BF=BD =EF=BF=BD =EF=BF=BD =EF=BF=BD =EF=BF=BD ...Jim Thompson

=BD =EF=BF=BD =EF=BF=BD =EF=BF=BD =EF=BF=BD =EF=BF=BD =EF=BF=BD =EF=BF=BD = =EF=BF=BD | =EF=BF=BD =EF=BF=BDmens =EF=BF=BD =EF=BF=BD |

=BD =EF=BF=BD =EF=BF=BD =EF=BF=BD =EF=BF=BD =EF=BF=BD =EF=BF=BD =EF=BF=BD |= =EF=BF=BD =EF=BF=BD et =EF=BF=BD =EF=BF=BD =EF=BF=BD|

=EF=BF=BDmanus =EF=BF=BD =EF=BF=BD|

=EF=BF=BD| =EF=BF=BD =EF=BF=BD =EF=BF=BD =EF=BF=BD =EF=BF=BD =EF=BF=BD |

ss Rat =EF=BF=BD|

2 =EF=BF=BD =EF=BF=BD |

e, Because of the Brave

In any sort of reasonable volume, I would opt for silkscreened. I wonder if you can do silkscreen yourself??

We silkscreen a lot of stuff around here...., though not CD's (yet).

But if one-off sort of stuff, I just use a small Brother P-touch type label. Never had a problem.

For CD's, I'll print paper lables on the Minolta color laser, and then hand-stick using one of those plunger things. Note thereto: Not all plunger things are created equal. The one I have came in a Kit (probably Neato?). I've seen others that make you want to reach for the aspirin bottle...

Good luck.

-mpm

is an obvious resource for volume. We used them only occasionally on big projects, but were always satisfied.

Reply to
mpm

[snip]

I use Nero/Neato for the CD's, with the self-aligning plunger, peel and stick... no sweat.

But stick-on's are not recommended for DVD's.

Mostly this will be family photo album stuff, but some back-ups (who cares about labels), but project hand-offs to customers need to be classy ;-)

Anyone using the thermal printers? Inkjet looks like an invitation to smearing when handled, although someone mentioned coating??