Cause of watt difference for Haswell Core I5 processor models ?

Hello,

What is the cause of the watt difference for Intel's Haswell Core I5 processor models ?

This link shows some different models:

I suspect the watt difference is because some models are running on different clock speeds ?

Some further questions:

Can the top model (84 watts) be under clocked ? At how many different speeds can it run ?

Also if the top model can be under clocked and there is further little difference between the models, than the lower watt models don't make any sense ?

Bye, Skybuck.

Reply to
Skybuck Flying

So far I can only think of two reasons:

  1. S and T models for customers that don't know how to underclock or don't have motherboards with such abilities.
  2. Perhaps S and T models don't run well at high frequencies because of fabrication flaws, so they might still run stable at lower clocks ?

Bye, Skybuck.

Reply to
Skybuck Flying