Carving tool for pcb's - Page 2

Re: Carving tool for pcb's
A proper pantograph thing could do a wonderful job. For one thing, it
does a 2:1 size reduction to reduce your hand jitters (even trace an
enlarged print), and for another, you could run the stylus along a
straightedge to get perfect cuts. Stop at any point to rotate the
straightedge 90 degrees and keep following it, and you'd have perfectly
straight rectangular cuts.

Seems like a nice idea, I wonder if there's a commercial Dremel
pantograph available anywhere.

Clifford Heath

Re: Carving tool for pcb's

you can get a proxxon, https://www.proxxon.com/us/micromot/27106.php

but it probably stupid expensive

Re: Carving tool for pcb's

the mechanism's very simple, just make one

NT

Re: Carving tool for pcb's

Simple in concept, but not to get the required stiffness. There's a
workable plan on Instructables however. Non-enlarging pantographs are
even harder; even more ways to get it wrong.

On the other hand, I've been contemplating how to build a poor-mans
pantograph for carving arch-top guitars (short of full CNC) with a
serious router on board. The Dremel for PCB seems a good bit easier.

Clifford Heath.

Re: Carving tool for pcb's
On Tue, 16 Apr 2019 16:48:12 +1000, Clifford Heath

I haven't actually used one but these look fairly decent.
<https://www.amazon.com/Milescraft-1298-3D-Pantograph-Stencil-Tracing/dp/B001JEOMPU>

Re: Carving tool for pcb's

Yeah, naah, not even close. Might handle 2 dimensions with a 2mm cutter
and very slow speeds but it has no bracing to keep the height correct.
As soon as the tool bites the whole thing would flex by multiple
millimeters and squirrel all over the place.

Re: Carving tool for pcb's

build something like this :)

https://youtu.be/c2FY0xLwAcw

Re: Carving tool for pcb's

  Yep...  That's the ticket.

We need to make chocolate circuit chips.  Just keep them away from
your dog.

Site Timeline