Cartoon

Known around here as a pompous narcissistic asshole with a bad temper...

Would never be elected gain. Unfortunately he'll die before he suffers election slap-down. ...Jim Thompson

 Click to see the full signature

But he's the one who got you all that welfare water from the Colorado River that's responsible for the extinction of 100s of species of wildlife in th e southwest. And of course, being a recipient of socialized healthcare your self, aka Medicare, you don't have much concern for the tens of millions wh o will do without under TrumpCare.

Reply to
bloggs.fredbloggs.fred

More BS from the idiocy crowd. You ought to read up before bloviating. Arizona's real water hero is...

(You forget that I've lived here for 55 years.)

More BS. Name something more useful to the world than the Snail Darter... which has f***ed Californica over big time.

Since I still "work" I still pay SS taxes. I've had taxable income since 1960... wonder how much I've paid in... particularly considering that the last 44 years have been as self-employed, thus double taxation.

I also presently pay extra premiums for Medicare Parts B and D, plus $508.68 monthly for a so-called supplemental policy to cover what Medicare doesn't cover. And getting old is so wonderful... try adding more than $1000/month co-pays for prescriptions... one of my post-cancer-treatment med's alone is $540.39/month.

Could you afford that? I think not. You've exhibited no viable means of support >:-}

So bring on Medicare for everyone... I'll be doing some serious laughing up my sleeve... the premiums will sink the average jerk stupid enough to vote Democrat... rightly so... Schadenfreude will be mine >:-} ...Jim Thompson

 Click to see the full signature

ver

They were still working to complete that project over 20 years after Hayden died.

the southwest.

It doesn't even come with 100 miles of the sea anymore, all dried up.

427169/

Medicare,

under TrumpCare.

1960 predates Medicare by six years.

You can thank that asshole Bush for that since his administration made it i llegal for the government to negotiate prices with the pharmaceuticals. And you can thank the GOP for your supplemental premiums by fighting expansion of Medicare coverage.

LOL- funny how I've never had a problem paying bills.

Universal Medicare will not be paid for by premiums, it will be paid for by a nominal taxation. And costs will go down because the government will reg ulate both the price of pharmaceuticals and the costs of healthcare deliver y. This is how it works in countries with the same program. The heyday of t hose thieving bastards is coming to an end.

Reply to
bloggs.fredbloggs.fred

It's weird to both complain that taxes are too high and also brag about how much taxes one pays/has paid at the same time, yeah? e.g. "This is just the WORST car ever! Costs me nearly fifty grand a year to maintain, too."

Doesn't really make sense. Most wealthy people would just happily exploit all the loopholes and write-offs available to their demographic and keep quiet about it

Reply to
bitrex
[snip]

Huh? The CAP canal is finished... long ago.

Some cities (notably Democrat ones, like Tucson ;-) were dumb enough to try to use irrigation water as a source for drinking water.

Which brings up my only engineering complaint... it should have been a covered canal... the evaporation lose is horrible.

[snip]

So? I've still probably paid more in taxes than you will _earn_ as income in your whole lifetime.

Oooooh! That would be wonderful >:-} The totally FREE market wouldn't do better?

Someone has to pay the tab. At my age I'm totally for you paisano's getting taxed to keep me alive... but I don't trust the "quality" of care that would result.

Yep! Nominal >:-} (What you really mean is tax the rich? Working so well in New York that millionaires are moving to other states.)

Yes. Yes. Yes. Let's hear it for REGULATION... it's always so-o-o-o-o effective >:-} ...Jim Thompson

 Click to see the full signature

den died.

t illegal for the government to negotiate prices with the pharmaceuticals.

ansion of Medicare coverage.

The health care providers will remain private enterprise, it will not be co nverted to a nationwide VA model. It is just that all this exorbitant for p rofit abuse will come to an end. The vulture speculators will have to move on to find 25% returns on their investments. And besides, the more people t he system treats, the more experienced the practitioners become, so profici ency in delivery will improve.

by a nominal taxation.

I think the rate being talked about is a 2% flate rate on taxable income, a nd a 6% payroll tax. If you run the numbers, that is a bargain, especially when you take into account there will be no premiums of any kind, no deduct ibles, no copays, no out of pocket expenses whatsoever. There will not be a penalty for being rich.

ce of pharmaceuticals

with the same program.

So you think the European model is not working?

Reply to
bloggs.fredbloggs.fred