Car Heater fan controller NUTS & VOLTS Magazine December 2005

I found car Heater fan controller circuit in NUTS & VOLTS Magazine December 2005.page 13. But problem is that i do not know whatkind capacitors are.

47=B5f is electrolyt capasitor that i know. I can only guessing that rest of them are "caramic" and "film capasitor", what is what, that is mystery. capasitors are: 0.33 / .01 / .0027. i hope that here is NUTS & VOLTS Magazine readers who can help. :)
Reply to
temppi1

They will be in microfarads (uF).

0.33 uF = 220 nF 0.01 uF = 10 nF 0.0027 uF = 2.7 nF

Given the application (fan heater controller), the type of capacitor is unlikely to be critical unless it is at mains voltage.

If it does run at high voltages, then the type will become critical (not just the voltage rating). And since you don't know enough electronics to do it safely, I suggest you don't do it at all.

But if it runs from 12/24 V or so, then I would not worry about the type of capacitor too much.

--
Dave K

Dave (from the UK)

Did you mean for 33 to become 22 ... :-)

--
 Thanks,
    - Win

You better try again.

-- Service to my country? Been there, Done that, and I've got my DD214 to prove it. Member of DAV #85.

Michael A. Terrell Central Florida

Reply to
Michael A. Terrell