Cantherm thermostats

Has anyone used/measured these? I bought a 140C one from digikey,

(The /F20A... is the part number.)

Sticking this on a hot plate in open air ~180C.. well the solder on heater resisors melted first. I stuck thermometers on the top... ~155 C... (I realized driving home that the plastic thermostat was in between the hot plate and the brass 4-40 bolt going to the thermometer on top... to-220 pac tip32. So now I'm heating the thermo stat from top and bottom. Maybe in an oil bath this would switch at 140 C... but it could be better....

Is there a thermostat with a better thermal tab?

George H.

Reply to
George Herold

We use the 60c button type. They work when UL is looking ;) Otherwise they stay closed as intended. Cantherm is probably the best of the bunch.

Martin Riddle

Probably 2A3's running in parallel... I did that once when I was about

16 years old. ...Jim Thompson

     Thinking outside the box... producing elegant solutions.

OK thanks. I just can't get them to switch at their stated setpoint... I'll try some insulation around 'em.

George H.

Reply to
George Herold

The round klixon style with the aluminium pad? I can't seem to find a 140C model ob digikey though, and this 135C one is expensive.

The pad contacts the bi-metallic disc directly and an insulating plunger works the switch.

here's a chinese version for $cheap but dunno if good.

Jasen Betts