c compiler for PIC16F684

Hi, I am looking for a non-Microchip compiler that will compile to this target. Any help is appreciated.

JF

PS - is there a better group for PIC related topics?

Reply to
John Fisher

HI-TECH's PICC

comp.arch.embedded Microchip's forum HI-TECH's forum PICLIST

-- Dan Henry

Reply to
Dan Henry

comp.arch.embedded

There is also the Piclist Yahoo group.

Leon

Reply to
Leon Heller

Hi John,

IAR's Embedded Workbench is available for that target:

Regards, Joerg

Joerg

Hi Tech has a demo compiler that supports the pic16f84 for free!

Reply to
Rolavine

target.

Richard Henry

Actually, it's their so-called "Lite" compiler that is free.

The demo compiler is also free, but at a cost. When operating in demo mode, compilation of programs will be slower then normal and some command-line options are disabled. The compiler will continue to operate in demo mode for 21 days, after which it will cease to function.

-- Dan Henry

Reply to
Dan Henry

google for gpasm or gputils

-- The suespammers.org mail server is located in California. So are all my other mailboxes. Please do not send unsolicited bulk e-mail or unsolicited commercial e-mail to my suespammers.org address or any of my other addresses. These are my opinions, not necessarily my employer's. I hate spam.

Reply to
Hal Murray

Right, thanks for the correction, I actually use the lite version, I should have remembered what it was called.

Rocky

Reply to
Rolavine

and the best of all:

Wouter van Ooijen

-- ------------------------------------

Webshop for PICs and other electronics
Teacher electronics and informatics

Reply to
Wouter van Ooijen (www.voti.nl

Thanks Hal, You understood I am looking for a c-compiler? That site seems to indicate an Assembler compiler, which I really don't want to learn right now.

JF

Reply to
John Fisher

"John Fisher" schreef in bericht news:41b4c01e$0$36214$ snipped-for-privacy@news.twtelecom.net...

an

Comes with a library with a lot of functions. I'm happy with it. I only use it as a command line compiler, not with their IDE.

--
Thanks, Frank.
(remove 'q' and 'invalid' when replying by email)