Buying non-ROHS solder paste from Buerklin in Germany

Hi everyone,

a solder paste I used to buy for years from Buerklin in Germany now takes some declaration I must provide. They do have it stocked etc., but they can't provide a template for me, I must figure it out myself.

Has anyone done that? It is something I must declare ( Erklaerung in German) without involving third parties, I just don't know what to declare.... A template in German or in English would be great.

Thanks,

Dimiter

====================================================== Dimiter Popoff, TGI

Dimiter_Popoff

If you quoted exactly what they said or provide a link, perhaps someone could help.

Reply to
Pimpom

Do you need some special specification of paste or just 60/40: 63/37?

TTman

Well if I knew more I would have said more. Had I had a link I would just have done it myself. The lady said she needed an "Erklaeriung", perhaps it was "Chemische Erklaerung" (no quite sure about that).

I'll try an awareness declaration tomoroow (i.e. I am aware what this is and I am not putting it into mass production.... all 100 grams will go for R&D), let's see how this works out.

Reply to
Dimiter_Popoff

Nothing special, and I know where to buy alternatives etc.

It is just that I have been using this one for ages and I have been happy with it (Buerklin order code 11 L 1322 ).

I am only asking if someone has had to sign a declaration in order to get non RoHS compliant soldering paste from them, what this declaration is is my only query.

Dimiter

====================================================== Dimiter Popoff, TGI

Dimiter_Popoff

I have crossposted this in de.sci.electronics for you.

Regards, Werner

Reply to
aioe usenet

Dimiter_Popoff wrote: ...

Did you order per web and Buerklin called you back? Or did you order by phone? In the latter case, order per web.

Bye

--------- Tel. 06151 1623569 ------- Fax. 06151 1623305 ---------
Reply to
Uwe Bonnes

Ah, so it was verbal.

Reply to
Pimpom

I wanted to order per web of course - have not ordered per phone for what, well over 10 years - but where there was supposed to be a button to put it in the cart was a text saying "call ". I called and I was told that - and the lady said they had some stock (17 or something)....

Dimiter

Reply to
Dimiter_Popoff

Thanks, appreciated.

Reply to
Dimiter_Popoff

Weird, isn't the declaration supposed to be the other way around? (eg; I'm selling you non-RoHS compliant material?)

Anyway, perhaps they are looking for what the use is. In the RoHS docs I believe there is a business to business R&D exemption, as well as other exemptions, like ITE equipment or transformsers with really small wires. Maybe that is what they are looking for.

Martin Riddle

Am 28.03.2018 um 01:45 schrieb Martin Riddle:

translation if needed.

I recently could not get my board tinning solution any more (from a different source) that I had used for 20 years. I did not yet try to force it, it's not too important for me.

Probably some terrorist craziness wrt chemicals gone wild.

regards, Gerhard

Reply to
Gerhard Hoffmann

Probably they want you to promise that you will dispose of waste resposibly and comply with RoHS (perhaps by being exempt)

Jasen Betts

Thanks Gerhard,

my German is good enough (have lived in Cologne for a few years and worked among Germans only so I got it improved - this was a lifetime ago but it still works. I had some decent background before I got there having had lessons for many years, my gran being German must have influenced the language choice of my parents when I was a toddler).

I'll put together a declaration and give it a try, obviously this is something new they want (e.g. they have lost my account at Buerklin with the last website overhaul), I rarely use them because using Mouser, Farnell and a local supplier we have here are so much easier... Digikey are also OK but one has to go through the customs himself for them (Mouser do it for you) which costs a whole day if you are lucky.

Dimiter (aka "der Didi" among Germans, albeit a lifetime ago :).

Reply to
Dimiter_Popoff

Thanks, I had not thought of the disposal promise I may need to give. Not sure I'll be able to collect all the analyzers from customers (these things live well over 10 years) but I can pass a request to customers and make the promise in good faith.

Dimiter

Reply to
Dimiter_Popoff

Martin Riddle wrote in news: snipped-for-privacy@4ax.com:

To my knowledge, the only exemption to the RoHS lead free requisite is for the US military and their contractors. (from the US perspective). And only then when specifically defined in the mfg contract. All other manufacturers must comply.

One is also permitted to use 63/37 in performance of repair work, but that is not an exemption. Of course R & D projects can use it.

Reply to
DecadentLinuxUserNumeroUno

There are other exemptions, such as telecom and medical. I'm not sure about aerospace.

Reply to
Steve Wilson