Buy "Timer" OTC?

My wife, recovering from serious back surgery, is in therapy and has a list of exercises to perform.

But she doesn't like counting out, one-thousand-one, one-thousand-two....

She asked me if there was a timer where she could push a button and 30 seconds later it would issue a single "beep".

I could easily whip up such a circuit, but I can't make it very small and in an "esthetic" housing.

Does such a device exist for purchase?

Thanks! ...Jim Thompson

             I'm looking for work... see my website.

          Thinking outside the box... elegant solutions.

A sand timer is cheap but ain't got no beep.

Clive
Reply to
Clive Arthur

But not convenient to watch while flat on your back with one leg raised and turned out. ...Jim Thompson

             I'm looking for work... see my website.

          Thinking outside the box... elegant solutions.

A pneumatic delay light switch is settable to 30 seconds and will click when finished.

Clive
Reply to
Clive Arthur

Buy a stopwatch/count down timer from EBay.. a few $$

TTman

Many cooking timers will hold a set time and just require hitting the start button to run another cycle. Look in a store that sells cooking supplies.

Reply to
tom

Just use a computer or smartphone.

Here's one for the computer.

Wanderer

And another

Wanderer

[snip]

Since I design chips for smart-phones I wouldn't own one ;-) ...Jim Thompson

             I'm looking for work... see my website.

          Thinking outside the box... elegant solutions.

Perfect.

Clive
Reply to
Clive Arthur

iPod Touch? It does all the same stuff as an iPhone, except without the phone. It's essentially a nice ARM-based pocket computer.

Also around $300 cheaper, and also has a timer app built-in with a very loud BEEP and LED flash on expiration, for our older friends ;-)

Reply to
bitrex

Does she have a smart phone? There are apps for that -- but that's all I know. My wife uses an exercise timer that does that.

--

Tim Wescott
Wescott Design Services

I'm looking for work -- see my website!
Reply to
Tim Wescott

Just takes the right buzzwords... "count down timer" got me one on Amazon (from whence all good things come ;-) that does just that... and holds the setting, so that you can do repetitive sets.

Thanks! ...Jim Thompson

             I'm looking for work... see my website.

          Thinking outside the box... elegant solutions.

Since I design chips for smart-phones I wouldn't own one ;-) ...Jim Thompson

             I'm looking for work... see my website.

          Thinking outside the box... elegant solutions.

We use them on ESS testing :)

TTman

while read -p "press enter" a; do sleep 30 ; echo $'\007' ; done

Jasen Betts

Or make an audio cd with 30 s silence and a final beep. Trigger is the "Play" button of the cd player. A cheap mp3 player would also do the job.

--
Dipl.-Inform(FH) Peter Heitzer, peter.heitzer@rz.uni-regensburg.de
Reply to

Does your TV have a sleep timer?