Burning Laser Diode Shopping Adventure on Ebay

I just discovered how powerful the laser diodes have gotten .. Wow!

I want a laser diode that can burn through 2 layers of black electrical tape.. :) Actually it's for graphics design.

I'm guessing I need an infrared laser diode with >2W power.

So I go on Ebay....

I find

1.6Watts $20.50CAD 808nm Spectra Physics (Hey that's not bad!) 2W 808nm $74.24 from China 2W 808nm $71.02CAD from Australia (looks just like the one from China) 17Watts! SDL Inc 913nm $211CAD

I tried to Google SDL Inc and couldn't find the home page. A Dotgone company? I suspect the website was

But at $211CAD ...I think I'd get a CO2 laser instead.

Anybody know where I can get a ~2W infraredish burning laser diode for about $40.00CAD.? Or should I keep watching Ebay?

D from BC

Reply to
D from BC